"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
Executive Chef

I had a strange dream last night

Strange dream last night... I was working in a hospital, on the maternity/delivery floor. Seems a woman was going into labour, but it was dangerous for her and the baby. She needed emergency surgery. Doctor shows up, nurses show up, and I'm there as well, about to assist. We manage to get the woman onto the surgical bed and I was shocked that I knew how to do it. Kept thinking 'what's a chef doing in a surgery, and how long before they realize I don't know what I'm doing?' When everyone took their gloves off, mine had cake batter clinging to them. The others appeared clean. While they seemed to be waiting for her to stabalize or something before they began, I didn't know what to do. Thought I'd tidy up ...Seems the surgery was littered with magazines and old charts. Clearly I didn't know what to do, but no one seemed to notice or didn't really care. Instead, the nurse was happy to show me what to do. Woke up after that, never got to see if it was a girl or a boy.
Anyone want to analyze that??

The pappardelle I made last night is perfectly dry this morning. All I have left to do is make the apple pie, prep the short ribs (no rabbit at the butcher, boo hoo) finish my linens, vacuum and like a good daughter, move my house 6 inches to the left.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
Head Chef

I want some of whatever you were smoking or drinking last night? I think Mama is getting to you already. This is a "going back to the womb" story. We'll see if it picks up tonight where it left off.

Joe

Old 12-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

It was a girl !!!!!!!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Nice one Vera!

I've been having some weird ones lately, too. Last night I was the Get-Away driver in a jewelry store robbery, but the hilarious part was I was driving my van! lol I remember one of the guys I was with standing outside the van stalling and I yelled at him to get in. I could hear the police sirens getting close and floored it. I spun around a corner, threw it in reverse and rammed a couple cop cars. I turned around again and wound up on a busy street then woke up.

lol
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I have had many crazy dreams myself. One time around fat Tuesday I dreamt I was at work and the Packzi's grew arms and legs (like the m&m guys) then chased me around the store.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie View Post
I have had many crazy dreams myself. One time around fat Tuesday I dreamt I was at work and the Packzi's grew arms and legs (like the m&m guys) then chased me around the store.
Sounds like something that could only happen in Parma! (Ohio, of course) Were there any pierogis in the mob?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
Sous Chef

Well, obviously being in a maternity ward represents Mariannes visit, and your conflicted on some level, between pleasing/impressing her (seems unlikely to me too) and doing what makes you happy.

That, or you've evidently already discovered the on-line pharmacies based in India!

You really shouldn't mix that stuff with alchohol....least not so close to bedtime!!! VB, you are truly one of a kind!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
Master Chef

Vera.... you dream like I do! Crazy stuff, that you know has to have some meaning... but what is that meaning? I could right a story book on my dreams alone. I was trying to think of the one I was having before I got up this morning... but it is already escaping me.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
One of a kind and we love you!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
Sounds like something that could only happen in Parma! (Ohio, of course) Were there any pierogis in the mob?
Lmao no. And it was in North Ridgeville instead of Parma. Told you it was crazy !!!!