I Had Pasta for Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am of the opinion that there is not such thing as foods that are specific to a particular mealtime. Breakfast foods can be eaten for dinner and vice versa as far as I am concerned and that is how I will raise my daughter. If she wants chili for breakfast then I will happily serve her that. Heck that is better than a bowl of sugary cereal any day.

Pasta is great for breakfast. At Hugo's in LA they serve a dish called 'Pasta Mama' on their breakie menu. It is spaghetti with scrambled eggs, garlic, parsley and cheese. Soooo good!

When I was young my mom used to pastina (I think that is what it was called). We just called it stars because that is their shape. It is very small pasta (couscous size) and so good for breakfast with just a little butter.

My Husband eats pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He says " Anytime is Pasta time". The guy is only 160 lbs. too. I don't know how he does it.

pkmacaroon said:
Pasta is great for breakfast. At Hugo's in LA they serve a dish called 'Pasta Mama' on their breakie menu. It is spaghetti with scrambled eggs, garlic, parsley and cheese. Soooo good!
That does sound really good- Yum !

I had leftover pizza for breakfast. Back in the days of my youth I remember having trifle for breakfast one day and another day chocolate mousse and cola! Thank goodness I don't eat like that now!

if I'm home alone and have leftovers from the day before I quite often have Pasta, Pizza, Chilli or whatever for breakfast :)

i just heard some blurb on tv about the "reverse diet". that is eating foods traditionally served for dinner at breakfast time, and vice versa.

if you're gonna carbo load, you'd have all day to burn it off.

gb, we had pastina a lot when we were kids too!

There was a fad thing once that suggested we eat dinner for breakfast and skip dinner. It was to show the importance of breakfast. I guess it was not a fad after all. :cool:

In our house it is normal to have leftover pizza for a mid-morning snack...
i don't think there is anything wrong with pasta for breakfast.
Has any one else heard of some new diet where they have dinner for breakfast...i thought that was kinda odd,but sometimes even i have eggs,or pancakes for dinner...so i guess that isn't so crazy after all

Kind of reminds me of the party days back in college when we'd wake up with a pounding head having to push our way through the empties to get at our breakfast of cold pizza and warm beer.:sick:

When I make It.Beef in the slow cooker and put it on the night before, it becomes breakfast. The anonymous ones do a good job of stirring it and not leaving a mess; I just wish they would crank down the heat when it is half gone! :LOL: (for some reason they get up early on Saturday morning when I cook this.......for some reason I sleep in?) :rolleyes: (sort of sneaky :huh: !)

The carbs are good in the morning for energy if you also workout in the morning, then it's fine.

Wierdo. :-p Seriously, I'm not one for traditional breakfast either. I'll eat whatever sounds good. Heck, I had chipped beef over mashed potatos for breakfast yesterday.

Some weight trainers will only have broiled chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

:) My Mom would make pasta for breakfast she would take left over spaghetti pasta and fry it in a bit of butter maybe some scallions add beaten eggs cook and the add cheddar cheese on top just like a frittata.Of course you could use fettuchine,angel hair or other cooked pastas and saute some vegies and add pasta cook till heated then eggs.When cooked ,not too dry throw on cheese of choice and run under broiler till melted and bubbly.
Of course you can go wild:) and add some garlic,herbs etc to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom