I had to put my dog down today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so sorry...

I know how it is to lose an animal, my dog died a couple months ago,it's hard. I am sorry about your loss. When you have an animal for a really long time you start to get attached to it. Again very sorry for your loss, may kind and happy memories sooth your weeping eyes and grief.

Claire,

I am sooooo sorry. I have lost 3 dogs over the past 5 years so I know exactly what you are going through. They were all 15 years old and it was their time but that doesn't make it any easier. It still feels like a kick in the gut.

Hugs to you!

J

And [[[[[[[[[[[[[Middie]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Edited to add that my little guy up at left turns 15 on Thursday.

Last edited:
Claire, I'm so sorry. Its so hard to let them go and they leave such a hole in your heart. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Revelations

If you read the book of Revelations in the New Testament you will see that God comes on a horse. If there weren't any animals in heaven, then why would He ride a horse? There would not be only one horse. Animals have played such a big part in the Bible, to deny them some kind of after life would be cruel. I don't think God is cruel. They are made by Him too.

Claire, knowing you are dog lover makes me happy. You got to enjoy the love of a dog. Give my sympathy to your husband. Must be rough for him too. Thankful you have each other to comfort one another. Your memories will continue to keep her alive.

I am very sorry,it is hard when you have to let your pets go, but at least you were humane about it,I so wish we had more folks like you in the world...

Mahalo to everyone. BTW, the blessing of pets is usually done at Episcopalian, Anglican (Church of England) and Catholic churches (all three are related) on the feast of St Francis. I don't remember what that date is, but I'm sure someone here knows. I've even seen kids bring in bowls of fish. For those who don't know much about saints, Saint Francis is the guy you see hanging around gardens with a bird in hand, often with a bowl of bird food. He's a pet-and-nature kind of guy, and when your pet needs help, he's the man for you.

Terrible news. I had to do the same not that long ago and I was heartbroken. Hope you're doing OK. Time to be nice to yourself, your husband (I bet he's devastated too) and your other dog.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom