I hate dusting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I was just dusting and wondered if anyone else does this. I saw it on a Dear Abby once. Got a sock without a match? I bet you do:LOL:
don't throw them away. Keep them for dusting.
Pull over your hand like a puppet, spray with your favorite dusting spray, pledge, endust, whatever and go to town. Makes it easier when dusting frames and stuff too. When I'm in a hurry, I will put one on each hand and go to town. Pick up stuff, wipe with one hand and dust what your holding before putting it down.

Have you tried the swiffer dusters? They're great!

socks are free and the endust it just a couple of bucks and will last a month or more:LOL:
I have had to learn to be VERY fruggle, hehe

I did not answer your question, sorry. Yes, I have tried them and they are wonderful!! Easy and get everywhere without touching the dust. I just can't afford it anymore, so, I went back to what I use to do. Gotta be cheap, hehe, we are getting a new tv.

Love the Swiffer products!

They pick up the dust really well... most of my wood work is white and the sprays leave marks...so I use Swiffer.

I use the orphaned socks all the time for dusting!
I also started using my kids' old blankies for the same when they outgrew them.

But, socks are the best dusters, plus they work GREAT for buffing silverware out after you've taken the tarnish off.

Thanks for the reminder, TX!

I use the orphaned socks all the time for dusting!
I also started using my kids' old blankies for the same when they outgrew them.

But, socks are the best dusters, plus they work GREAT for buffing silverware out after you've taken the tarnish off.

Thanks for the reminder, TX!

Hey you, I'm glad to see you on!! Hope you are doing well!!

We just had our floors refinished so Swiffer was a necessity to get all the last bits of dust off of the walls, ceilings, floors etc etc. HOWEVER...otherwise I have to say "Dusting? What are you talking about? Never heard of it!" :LOL: Seriously, I tend to dust with my vacuum and suck all the dust off stuff with it.

I used to use a sock also. One Christmas an older neighbor knitted a sock that one side is like a shag rug. I looked at it strangely and she said it was a duster. Just spray the shaggy side and go to town! I love it. I just throw in the wash every so often and it's great.

Barb

socks are free and the endust it just a couple of bucks and will last a month or more:LOL:
I have had to learn to be VERY fruggle, hehe

I did not answer your question, sorry. Yes, I have tried them and they are wonderful!! Easy and get everywhere without touching the dust. I just can't afford it anymore, so, I went back to what I use to do. Gotta be cheap, hehe, we are getting a new tv.
What you use doesn't matter, it's getting it done and it pleases you the way it looks...New TV, now that I'd give up anything for and just got a big surprise an HD tv for the family room, It's heaven and the pictures so beautiful...DH is a sweetheart

kades

I can't use the sprays because of my allergies/asthma. I am allergic to the propellant so I can't even use Pam, etc. Which is definitely a good thing.

If I do the dusting, which I rarely do because I am allergic to it too so DH does it almost every day, I use a swiffer. They may cost, but they get the job done without putting the dust back in the air.

Oh, and I get out of vacuuming pretty much too. Aren't I spoiled?:angel::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I like to dust.......powdered sugar on brownies :rolleyes:

I have a spare sock you can use......
:ROFLMAO:

I use a Swiffer, when I dust. It doesn't work all that well on the coffee table, which tends to get dog "stuff" on it and requires the Pledge, but it works well elsewhere. I just wish they would design it like a typical feather duster, which requires even less effort to use. It needs a longer handle and more..... "things".
I can dust and run the sweeper and have things looking great for about four hours, then I get a layer of dust on everything again, so I absolutely hate dusting. It's like a wasted effort.

I use socks for dusting sometimes too. I have some Swiffer dusters that I got as samples and really like them.

When I was teaching I had mini chalkboards for each of the kids. I had them each bring in an old sock to use as an eraser. They worked great for that. Some of the kids stored their chalk in them too (some even folded them to make a cuff and put the chalk in the cuff).

:)Barbara

i just spray endust on my feather duster and dust away. most of the furniture in sunroom and living room are white painted. just use a magic sponge on those. super easy.

if it gets dusty again right away , i just ignore it. the same as i do the green carpet, i hate.

I have been renovating my house for the past year... I go through swiffers like they are air... they do cost though... and they make my dogs nuts... my main complain is the actual hardware they never stand up to my vigorous use... I jst broke the handle off another one tonight

The wife picked the sock trick up in a "Hillbilly Housewife" forum she belongs to. The only difference is they just dampen the sock with water then wipe everything down. Works real good especially on cobwebs in the basement.
At least it doesn't throw the dust back into the air! With an older house like this, the more I can remove from the house the better!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom