I hate my kitchen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't hate my kitchen but it really needs some upgrades. I still have not gotten the new stove, the tax return was not big enough and I needed a new mattress more.

I don't hate my kitchen but it really needs some upgrades. I still have not gotten the new stove, the tax return was not big enough and I needed a new mattress more.

Yep a mattress is more important.

My mom bought a new GE Artistry stove last year. It's pretty cool. It has retro styling and just has a simple analog clock/timer in the middle and not the huge myriad array of digital controls like most modern stoves have. I think it was $530 at the local mom and pop appliance store.

photo.jpg

I like how it just has simple knobs for the controls. She also got a matching GE Artistry fridge. She was going to get the matching dishwasher but she wanted a Bosch instead. And she bought Speed Queen washer/dryer (laundromat grade, simple) that were not much more than regular ones.

She had to get all new appliances because she sold her house to move closer to my sister, and she bought a foreclosure house that needed all new appliances.

Last edited:
I just took a picture of the kitchen after dinner was finished. The other side of the sink is even smaller and is also filled with pots and dirty dishes.

Attachments

• kitchen7.jpg
    kitchen7.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 155
Interesting. It looks like you can't load the dishwasher while standing at the sink.

The dishwasher stopped working 5 years ago. :) We haven't gotten around to replacing it, plus it's an odd sized one that needs to be ordered. Money's been tight.

So I get the joy of hand washing dishes. Though, it's not too bad. I keep a small 2.1 speaker setup in the kitchen connected to a Chromecast Audio, so I can listen to Pandora or podcasts via my phone while washing dishes or cooking.

Yep a mattress is more important.

My mom bought a new GE Artistry stove last year. It's pretty cool. It has retro styling and just has a simple analog clock/timer in the middle and not the huge myriad array of digital controls like most modern stoves have. I think it was $530 at the local mom and pop appliance store.

photo.jpg

I like how it just has simple knobs for the controls. She also got a matching GE Artistry fridge. She was going to get the matching dishwasher but she wanted a Bosch instead. And she bought Speed Queen washer/dryer (laundromat grade, simple) that were not much more than regular ones.

She had to get all new appliances because she sold her house to move closer to my sister, and she bought a foreclosure house that needed all new appliances.

I LOVE that stove! I was looking at Elmira stove and fridges, but I think the average cost for one of those is something in the range of $5000!

Back
Top Bottom