I Have A New Computer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I just picked up my new MacBook Pro laptop. I already am crazy about it. The screen is so crisp and clear, I don;t need my glasses to read text on this site. The computer itself is solid and lightweight. It is so much better than the Dell laptop I have been using.

SO felt she had to learn computers for her employment so she was looking at those little net books. One look at the screen and she changed her mind. The screen is so small it's impossible to read.

So, in order to help her out, I volunteered to go buy a new computer so she could have mine. Oh, the sacrifices we make in the name of love!

The new Snow Leopard operating system is phenomenal! It's like all the cool computer stuff you see on the CSI and NCIS shows. Very slick. Also very fast. It' going to take some time to get familiar with all the differences but it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm jealous! I have my husband's hand-me-down Mac from a few years ago.

You are going to love it Andy. I have had my MacBook Pro for close to a year now and I still marvel at how much I love it every time I use it. It will not take you long at all to get used to the differences as there are very few. Things just work the way you would expect them to. Congratulations and enjoy it!

I just picked up my new MacBook Pro laptop. I already am crazy about it. The screen is so crisp and clear, I don;t need my glasses to read text on this site. The computer itself is solid and lightweight. It is so much better than the Dell laptop I have been using.

SO felt she had to learn computers for her employment so she was looking at those little net books. One look at the screen and she changed her mind. The screen is so small it's impossible to read.

So, in order to help her out, I volunteered to go buy a new computer so she could have mine. Oh, the sacrifices we make in the name of love!

The new Snow Leopard operating system is phenomenal! It's like all the cool computer stuff you see on the CSI and NCIS shows. Very slick. Also very fast. It' going to take some time to get familiar with all the differences but it shouldn't be too hard.
you mean touch screen?

you mean touch screen?

No, not that slick. But you can do different things with the touch pad depending on whether you use one, two, three or four fingers. You can zoom in and out, move things around on the screen, rotate photos, etc.

The living room lights are on a timer and they just went out. I can still see the keyboard as it's back lit (backlighted?)!

It's taking some getting used to but it's nice to be back with MAC after a 10 year adventure into PCs.

The one, two, three and four finger scrolling is really slick.

The one, two, three and four finger scrolling is really slick.
That is one of my favorite features. The hard part for me though is that I use a PC at work so when I am in the office I often find myself trying to swipe my fingers and nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom