"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I think it is nice that you and DA get to spend so much time together and that DA has some new things happening each day, it will keep her young at heart!

Good luck with the guitar, it sound like a much nicer hobby than playing fart ringtones on your Smartphone!
That was funny! Yes, this is nicer. I still do play the farts. I did it to Gwen as walking behind her and I pretended that she did it and not I. DA can not tell.
Mamma fussed at me for this but I said to Mamma, "I was bored. And YOU did make the funny fart sounds in your mouth in the public restrooms to me!" She laughed! She did this to me when I was quite young.

It seems all the time now there is the surprise. Life goes too fast for me. I do enjoy here! I have too much now. The chords on the guitar are not hard.

I have only three classes per week. It shall take a long time for me to receive my degree but it is necesary to advance slowly for DA. I do love being with her so very much!

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Guess that would depend on the guitar
You would have hated that awful squeal! Fart ringtones do not make you shudder.

Yet, I think.

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 09-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
I have been playing guitar and banjo since I was 11 years old. It has been an endless source of enjoyment. Practice is the key and you will do well.
Thank you! I practiced very long today. I shall try to do well for DA.

I have understood the banjo is very hard to play. I admire that you play the banjo!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #14
Proud American

I was wrong of the Stratocaster. It is not Fender. It is made by Fender but the name is Squier by Fender. It is the cheapest one.

My head is too full of all the guitars! There may have been too many and too much today!

I did see an odd one. It was a used electric guitar with the solid body and it was named the Parker Fly.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
...PS. My fingers are hurting!
What fun! Good luck and enjoy learning your new skill. Your guitar will become your new best friend.

However Cat I'm sorry to warn you, but they will hurt even more tomorrow. It would take me about two weeks until I'd gotten the fingertips tough enough that it isn't a real problem. After a month it will seem like you have been playing forever. Beware, though, that it will probably hurt even more when you put your hands in hot water. The first week for me I hate washing my hair - hot water AND massaging with the fingertips? Yikes!

I have new strings for my old guitar but keep stalling. Haven't played for a dozen years and I know what waits for me...
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #16
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
What fun! Good luck and enjoy learning your new skill. Your guitar will become your new best friend.

However Cat I'm sorry to warn you, but they will hurt even more tomorrow. It would take me about two weeks until I'd gotten the fingertips tough enough that it isn't a real problem. After a month it will seem like you have been playing forever. Beware, though, that it will probably hurt even more when you put your hands in hot water. The first week for me I hate washing my hair - hot water AND massaging with the fingertips? Yikes!

I have new strings for my old guitar but keep stalling. Haven't played for a dozen years and I know what waits for me...
The fingertips hurt. I was playing the chords but they are of those blisters. I have chosen to stop for the night. These feel of burning. I believe you are correct, and I must take a shower and clean myself tomorrow. This will be perhaps very uncomfortable.

Thank you for your kind words and your warning of this. I shall awaken earlier to accommate this.

Please do not stall. If you have the musical instrument please keep the respect of it to play it. You may hurt with me, and we shall go together with this!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #17
Proud American

My fingers do hurt, but not so much as to share these photos of my new guitars! I tried to make the photo of the amplifier but Kali and Misty were to keep inspecting of it. It looks like a dark box with many dials on the top and the dark screen over the speakers on the lower section.

I bought the wall hanger of the electric guitar and the floor stand of the acoustic guitar. I am using the acoustic more often and I can move it easily from place to place.

I am very excited of these!

Your friend,
~Cat