I have a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
So I have a recipe for hot white chocolate you make in a crackpot. It says use milk like 1%, 2% etc...
My question is, do you know if Almond milk would work for this?

I would say to Google or search for the almond milk in the recipes. The almond milk maker would have the information of the use in the recipes perhaps. From there you may receive the information you are seeking.

~Cat

So I have a recipe for hot white chocolate you make in a crackpot. It says use milk like 1%, 2% etc...
My question is, do you know if Almond milk would work for this?

Maybe asking in another thread-General, Beverages sections here would give you more specific answers.

What's a Crackpot? Besides Uncle Louie the family never discusses :LOL:

Lol... crockpot!!! Stupid auto correct

Crackpot and Uncle Louie is very funny! I do enjoy you people here in the website!

~Cat

PS. We have a crackpot in our family but we talk about her all the time! She lived in the 1800s and was the bank robber and never became captured.

Almond milk will work but it is a little like using skim milk, not terribly rich. I have to use milk substitutes these days but I am such a dairy addict that I often ignore the possible consequences an use cream etc. But when I am trying to be good almond milk s u b s for my rich friend. Don't expect it to taste exactly like dairy and you will find it's okay.

Almond milk has a nice, rich mouthfeel, but lacks the creaminess that you get from dairy. I've found that by itself, I really like it, but as an additive replacement for dairy, I'm not as crazy about it.

I think the autocorrect is on her phone, not the website.

I'm interested in knowing the answer too, Middie, I'm trying to sub Almond Milk, too and we are coming up on hot chocolate season. I do know I do not like it in my coffee.

It is on my phone lol. I feel like a total idgit now !!!! But, yes it was funny!!
Thank you baked chef

Back
Top Bottom