"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-02-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
Master Chef

I have a question for a Floridian

I wanted to know if someone from Florida can tell me how the 8 year old girl that was found in the landfill, covered by the rock, is doing?? The girl has a gaurdian angel to live through that!! I saw the stupid kid will be tried as an adult, thank god.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Cook

There hasn't been any follow up in our paper. Will let you know if there is. That poor child, how awful for her, but how wonderful that she was found.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #3
Master Chef

Thank you Spice, that would be great. I've been wondering about her. She must be a real survivor!!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sometimes... people just amaze me. In both good and bad ways.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I know, I was in tears this morning when I was reading about the 7 year old boy who killed his 7 month old sister. That poor baby. I blame the parents of the children, that 7 year old had no business being up at midnight and they had no business being outside leaving a 7 month old baby there alone.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
IcyMist - I wish it were all as simple as that but it's not. It's an unfortunate set of circumstances indeed.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyMist
I know, I was in tears this morning when I was reading about the 7 year old boy who killed his 7 month old sister. That poor baby. I blame the parents of the children, that 7 year old had no business being up at midnight and they had no business being outside leaving a 7 month old baby there alone.
I hadn't heard about this one... sigh... sadness just keeps rolling in.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i didn't hear about it either. what is it with parents and kids these days ? *sigh*
Old 06-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #9
Master Chef

What happened in that one???
Old 06-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #10
Master Chef

Is this it?
TAMPA, Florida (AP) -- A 7-year-old boy beat his baby half-sister to death with his fists, feet and a two-by-four because he was jealous of the attention the girl was receiving and because she would not stop crying, police said Wednesday.

The State Attorney's Office is deciding whether to file charges against the boy in an attack that rattled even veteran homicide detectives.

"The veteran detectives who worked on this case have never seen a case with someone as young as a 7-year-old show so much violence and so little remorse," Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said.

The attack occurred May 22 in Tampa, where the boy had been visiting his father. Seven-month-old Jayza Laney Simms was dead on arrival at the hospital where her parents rushed her.

The boy confessed to killing his sister a week later when detectives confronted him with the evidence, McElroy said.

The unidentified boy was not taken into custody and is living with his mother while prosecutors make their decision on whether to charge him.

Police said the father and his girlfriend were outside visiting with neighbors when the boy came to them about midnight on the night of the attack and told them the baby was "bleeding." They found the girl with a bloody nose and said she wasn't breathing.

The Hillsborough County State Attorney's Office did not immediately return telephone calls for comment Wednesday.