I Have Rented A Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Today was so very busy. Two of the classes, five hours of the work at the shop and then to go to the Hertz rental car agency.

I have rented the Ford C-Max hybrid. I love the car! I shall have it for three days. It has the leather interior and the gauges that indicate the effiency of the fuel and the Sirius XM radio!

I drove the car to home and put DA into it and we went to drive around the city for a time. I explained to DA of the car and she loves it! I did not use the fuel much so the fuel gauge did not change. I found the Laugh USA channel in the Sirius XM and we as Americans say of it, "laughed our heads off."

It is the color of white and the interior is of the light and dark gray colors. It has much of the area of storage space, and it is very comfortable. DA is able to enter and exit the car very comfortably.

I think it looks to be odd on the exterior but one forgets this once it is being driven. It is the smooth ride and has the energy necessary to change lanes quickly.

So, I shall see about this car. I must find the best one for us.

~Cat

We play channel 6 on Sirius at the deli all day. It is 60's classics. Good for that environment. Sometimes I like channel 60 which is Outlaw Country, but the language can get pretty zesty at times...

I will to the channel 6. I do enjoy the 60s and the 70s music. My parents always had this in our home.

I will also need to find the classical staions of Beethoven, Mozart, and the others.

~Cat

Here's the most recent (I think) Sirius menu: http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup

My Sirius renewal just came in the mail, a bit pricy, about $170/ year for a subscription. I think it's cheaper if you sign up for 3 or more years at a time.

Sounds like you're enjoying your car, Cat! I know it was your first choice, hope it works out!

Here's the most recent (I think) Sirius menu: Channel Lineup - SiriusXM Radio

My Sirius renewal just came in the mail, a bit pricy, about $170/ year for a subscription. I think it's cheaper if you sign up for 3 or more years at a time.

Sounds like you're enjoying your car, Cat! I know it was your first choice, hope it works out!

SO had Sirius/XM and dropped it because of the price. They called back and offered her a special six month deal. I think it was around $25 for 6 Mo. At the end of the time, she was able to renew for the same price.

SO had Sirius/XM and dropped it because of the price. They called back and offered her a special six month deal. I think it was around $25 for 6 Mo. At the end of the time, she was able to renew for the same price.

Now there's an idea. I just space it off and let them automatically renew it. I need to look into this.

I found the interesting option on this. One can put a Smartphone into the connect with phone. I can integrate my phone into the action and it goes off the satellite radio into my 3g and I get the stations I have on my Smartphone. I sat outside in the car to do this and my phone connect works!
I must explore this very much.

~Cat

That's a cool feature! We just bought a new Ford truck that has the same feature. You can also sync your contact list to the car, press a button on the steering wheel and say "Call home" or a person's name and the car will use the speaker system to make the call. So you can use the phone hands-free :)

Thank you all for the suggestions. It was the first choice because I am an American now and I want to support the local economy with the purchases. Ford also has the Escape Hybrid but it is of an SUV. That will become my next investigation.

I love my new country and my new friends here!

Your friend,
~Cat

Cat, I have the Ford Escape Hybrid and I love it. With all the SUVs on the road, it's nice to sit up a bit higher so I can see better. It's fun to drive and I love it when the gas engine goes off and the electric engine takes over. It's like driving a big golf cart - totally silent. You have to be careful in parking lots, though. People can't hear you coming.

Cat, I have the Ford Escape Hybrid and I love it. With all the SUVs on the road, it's nice to sit up a bit higher so I can see better. It's fun to drive and I love it when the gas engine goes off and the electric engine takes over. It's like driving a big golf cart - totally silent. You have to be careful in parking lots, though. People can't hear you coming.

When I am crossing streets in my scooter, I listen for the sound of cars coming. Even though I am in the crosswalk, I still have to practice common sense and look both ways. I can hear the car coming long before I can see it. :angel:

Cat--have you checked insurance rates? Since you don't have a US driving history, you may find the rates higher than you expect. A used car may get you slightly lower rates than a new car.

When I am crossing streets in my scooter, I listen for the sound of cars coming. Even though I am in the crosswalk, I still have to practice common sense and look both ways. I can hear the car coming long before I can see it. :angel:

You can't hear this one because it makes no noise when it's on the electric engine. People have stepped off the curb right in front of me.

I know I must pay the more expensive insurance. DA and I are known of this. Upon my driving license of qualifying, I passed the agency test with the high score.
I did need to pass the driving on the roads test. Gwen had leant me her car to do this.

The officer who was to ride to me and to score of me sat in Gwen's passenger seat first. Then I sat down and I pulled on the seat belt. The officer did not. I sat in the driver seat and waited upon him. He told to me, "Okay, drive this thing. Let's go."
I said, "No. Either you use the seat belt of this or I will eject you from this car. I will not tolerate one in this car without restraint."
I passed the driving test well.
But I will have to pay the high insurance because I am young and without the experience. I found that if I drive well with the no accidents of my fault, in the time the expenses of the insurance will decrease if I continue to drive well.

DA did help with me the rental. I am young. No matter which the car, I must be responsible. She loves this car! And I do as well.

Thank you all!
~Cat

I know I must pay the more expensive insurance. DA and I are known of this. Upon my driving license of qualifying, I passed the agency test with the high score.
I did need to pass the driving on the roads test. Gwen had leant me her car to do this.

The officer who was to ride to me and to score of me sat in Gwen's passenger seat first. Then I sat down and I pulled on the seat belt. The officer did not. I sat in the driver seat and waited upon him. He told to me, "Okay, drive this thing. Let's go."
I said, "No. Either you use the seat belt of this or I will eject you from this car. I will not tolerate one in this car without restraint."
I passed the driving test well.
But I will have to pay the high insurance because I am young and without the experience. I found that if I drive well with the no accidents of my fault, in the time the expenses of the insurance will decrease if I continue to drive well.

DA did help with me the rental. I am young. No matter which the car, I must be responsible. She loves this car! And I do as well.

Thank you all!
~Cat

Cat, you really show a lot of responsibility for someone of your age. I don't know if you mentioned this before but what is your major in school? What are you planning to do for a living once you graduate?

I am majoring in the journalism and mass communication. I am in the hopes of gaining employment in the investigative journalism. My English speaking skills must be much more refined before doing so. I shall do my best!

Mamma became disabled upon a stroke which she suffered when I was 13. Papa owns the businesses which take him from the home often and Mamma needed much attending. I am their only child. DA says I "grew up fast" during that time.

I owe my parents my life, and so I did try to take the good care of Mamma. I became very frightened when she fell from the stroke. She is well now with the slight limp which does not appear to cause the discomfort to her.

Your friend,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom