"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Proud American

I Have Rented A Car

Today was so very busy. Two of the classes, five hours of the work at the shop and then to go to the Hertz rental car agency.

I have rented the Ford C-Max hybrid. I love the car! I shall have it for three days. It has the leather interior and the gauges that indicate the effiency of the fuel and the Sirius XM radio!

I drove the car to home and put DA into it and we went to drive around the city for a time. I explained to DA of the car and she loves it! I did not use the fuel much so the fuel gauge did not change. I found the Laugh USA channel in the Sirius XM and we as Americans say of it, "laughed our heads off."

It is the color of white and the interior is of the light and dark gray colors. It has much of the area of storage space, and it is very comfortable. DA is able to enter and exit the car very comfortably.

I think it looks to be odd on the exterior but one forgets this once it is being driven. It is the smooth ride and has the energy necessary to change lanes quickly.

So, I shall see about this car. I must find the best one for us.

~Cat

Old 09-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Executive Chef

We play channel 6 on Sirius at the deli all day. It is 60's classics. Good for that environment. Sometimes I like channel 60 which is Outlaw Country, but the language can get pretty zesty at times...

Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
Proud American

I will to the channel 6. I do enjoy the 60s and the 70s music. My parents always had this in our home.

I will also need to find the classical staions of Beethoven, Mozart, and the others.

~Cat
Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Here's the most recent (I think) Sirius menu: http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup

My Sirius renewal just came in the mail, a bit pricy, about $170/ year for a subscription. I think it's cheaper if you sign up for 3 or more years at a time.

Sounds like you're enjoying your car, Cat! I know it was your first choice, hope it works out!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Here's the most recent (I think) Sirius menu: Channel Lineup - SiriusXM Radio

My Sirius renewal just came in the mail, a bit pricy, about $170/ year for a subscription. I think it's cheaper if you sign up for 3 or more years at a time.

Sounds like you're enjoying your car, Cat! I know it was your first choice, hope it works out!
SO had Sirius/XM and dropped it because of the price. They called back and offered her a special six month deal. I think it was around $25 for 6 Mo. At the end of the time, she was able to renew for the same price.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

SO had Sirius/XM and dropped it because of the price. They called back and offered her a special six month deal. I think it was around $25 for 6 Mo. At the end of the time, she was able to renew for the same price.
Now there's an idea. I just space it off and let them automatically renew it. I need to look into this.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
Proud American

I found the interesting option on this. One can put a Smartphone into the connect with phone. I can integrate my phone into the action and it goes off the satellite radio into my 3g and I get the stations I have on my Smartphone. I sat outside in the car to do this and my phone connect works!
I must explore this very much.

~Cat
Old 09-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

That's a cool feature! We just bought a new Ford truck that has the same feature. You can also sync your contact list to the car, press a button on the steering wheel and say "Call home" or a person's name and the car will use the speaker system to make the call. So you can use the phone hands-free
Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #9
Proud American

Thank you all for the suggestions. It was the first choice because I am an American now and I want to support the local economy with the purchases. Ford also has the Escape Hybrid but it is of an SUV. That will become my next investigation.

I love my new country and my new friends here!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, I have the Ford Escape Hybrid and I love it. With all the SUVs on the road, it's nice to sit up a bit higher so I can see better. It's fun to drive and I love it when the gas engine goes off and the electric engine takes over. It's like driving a big golf cart - totally silent. You have to be careful in parking lots, though. People can't hear you coming.