I have shingles :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The chickenpox vaccine hasn't been around all that long. I believe my pediatrician first started using it when I'd already had my second child, who was born in '95.
But, there are a lot of people who won't have their kids vaccinated, such as those who won't give their kids the MMR vac, as it has been linked to autism.

:)Well I guess I got lucky that I never got the chicken pox perhaps it was small pox I got shots for. What was the vacinne we used to get that left the little round scar on your arm I know I got it but don't have the scar. I heard if you don't have the scar it didn't take is that true?

I don't think so. I think if you get the shot, you have immunity. Some folks just didn't develop a pock on the injection site.

I don't think so. I think if you get the shot, you have immunity. Some folks just didn't develop a pock on the injection site.

Waaaay off topic - my small pox was given on my back and I have that little round scar there!

jkath - sending you lots of love and well wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow jkath-a lotta love for you here-you must be doing something right!!

My prayers for your speedy recovery and good health are on their way!!;)

Jkath, you have my sympathies as well. I have a good friend who was diagnosed just about 10 days ago. Because the outbreak started on her breast, she was afraid that it was inflammatory breast cancer, so she was almost relieved when it turned out to be non-life threatening. But she HURTS. The doctor gave her antivirals and pain meds, also some salve that is supposed to dry up the blisters. She is doing better, but the disease is more than just a rash...you have a systemic viral infection, so take it easy and get better soon.

BT, I doubt that there is ANYTHING you could do to persuade my friend to leave Mexico in favor of New Jersey, but I will certainly convey your tempting and attractive offer. Perhaps if I show her your picture.....

j'kath, sorry to hear about the shingles. My DD had them at age 14, no fun then either!! Did the Dr. give you a steriod med? That was about the only thing that really helped her with the pain. You really need to take it as easy as possible for the next few weeks as you might think you are better, but you will flair it up if trying to do to much too soon. Make sure you have someone rub salve on the site also, it will help!!

Dawn

I have had the Shingles

Not pleasant. Mine was around my waist...more on the right side. VERY
painful and long lasting.

They did leave small scars. Scars better than pain. Some I have heard experience pain for many months. It does last long.

You are not alone. It is more common that we think. There is a vacine to prevent...very expensive and most plans do not cover. HORRIBLE stuff.

Back
Top Bottom