"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I just can't wrap my head around this either....
They just reported that a three year old was critically injured and transferred to Children's Hospital. The President is going to speak right after six o'clock.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I've been watching the live CBS news feed online. So horrible. So many innocent people affected one way or another. I pray it doesn't get worse than it already is.

Addie, and anyone else here who knows someone there, I pray that all your family, friends, etc. come home safe.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I hope they can attach a group or person to this. It is good that they found some bombs that hadn't gone off yet.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
Master Chef

Can you imagine if the bomb under the grandstand went off (it didn't and was discovered and destroyed) and the families of the Newtown victims were injured or killed?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Can you imagine if the bomb under the grandstand went off (it didn't and was discovered and destroyed) and the families of the Newtown victims were injured or killed?
You can bet that from here on in, I will never be anywhere there is a crowd. I hope the injured person that is of interest at BWH is the one.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
Sous Chef

A despicable and cowardly act to target innocent people gathered to celebrate a wonderful event. Addie, I understand your feelings and share them about staying away from crowded places. We have to be mindful though. If we allow ourselves to be frighted of engaging in the world and keep us hiding in our homes, they have won. =0(
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

I wish you all could get the news from one of our local stations. Our local stations are WBZ, WCVB, and WHDH. I think if you google anyone of these station, you can get the streaming reports directly. CNN is so off the truth. What they don't know, they are making up.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #18
Sous Chef

There will be a lot of extra people in my prayers tonight. I'm glad you two are safe. This is heartbreaking.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Does Andy M. Live in Boston or somewhere else in Massachusetts? Is everybody accounted for on DC?
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Does Andy M. Live in Boston or somewhere else in Massachusetts? Is everybody accounted for on DC?
I live in a suburb well outside the city. We're well and have been watching the news. The train of thought that leads to bombings is so foreign to me. I cannot comprehend how anyone feels they benefit from this.

Our thoughts are with the victims and at the same time we are relieved the other bombs were disabled.