"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Sad news.....

The little boy that died was a neighbor of mine. His dad had run and just finishef and the boy was rushing to greet him when it went off. His mother lost an eye and has a bad brain injury. His little sister lost her leg. Dad hit by shrapnel.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Jenny. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Sad news.....

The little boy that died was a neighbor of mine. His dad had run and just finishef and the boy was rushing to greet him when it went off. His mother lost an eye and has a bad brain injury. His little sister lost her leg. Dad hit by shrapnel.
So sorry...I only have tears, no other words.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #33
Master Chef

My cousin was a mile from the blast in the stands. Watching her boyfriend run. Thank G-d she is fine. Scary, scary world we are living in. This of course brings to mind Israel, where people live under constant threat of violence like this 24/7. Israel has become a training ground for the terrorist of all kinds. Something that I have been saying for years. Unfortunatelly there are people all over the world who think Israel deserves it. Guess what, Boston is an example of how people do not deserve it, but still suffer. Terrorist, I do not care if they are local school boy that were bullied because they could not run fast, those would still be terrorist if they blow up a bomb. Or foreigners, they have to be dealt with in the harshest way the law is allowed to deal.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Sad news.....

Tears are just rolling down my face, I have no words. Only pain.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
My cousin was a mile from the blast in the stands. Watching her boyfriend run. Thank G-d she is fine. Scary, scary world we are living in. This of course brings to mind Israel, where people live under constant threat of violence like this 24/7. Israel has become a training ground for the terrorist of all kinds. Something that I have been saying for years. Unfortunatelly there are people all over the world who think Israel deserves it. Guess what, Boston is an example of how people do not deserve it, but still suffer. Terrorist, I do not care if they are local school boy that were bullied because they could not run fast, those would still be terrorist if they blow up a bomb. Or foreigners, they have to be dealt with in the harshest way the law is allowed to deal.
I have a mean side to me. I sincerely hope that one of the injured who lost both legs was the person who left the bomb there and couldn't get out of the way in time.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #36
Head Chef

Just horrific, we were watching it over here on the news too . There are just no words .
Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Sad news.....

jenny, I'll pray for your neighbors as they go through this difficult time. Heck, for the entire neighborhood. Just line 9/11, an event like this touches everyone. You start go play "Six Degrees of Separation" and realize just how close you are to someone involved. We're lucky in that no one we know directly (or even a friend of a friend) was there and/or hurt. Our old neighbor is a runner and dreams of running Boston someday. His goal is to run a marathon in every state. Since he's finished about 30 races I knew he wouldn't be here since he's saving Boston for #50. (I believe he said he'd have to age-out of needing a qualifying time before he could run it.) I wish everyone was as safe as Al today...
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #38
Master Chef

Addie, how you holding up. Hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I know if I lived in Boston I'd have slept with one eye open.

Watching the news now and they're mentioning how we're at the 24 hour mark since the blasts. Seems like just a minute ago and also a lifetime.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Our prayers are for all the victims and their families. Such a tragedy...
words fail me.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Addie, how you holding up. Hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I know if I lived in Boston I'd have slept with one eye open.

Watching the news now and they're mentioning how we're at the 24 hour mark since the blasts. Seems like just a minute ago and also a lifetime.
My stomach has been in a knot. After watching the bomb dogs going through all the luggage from the airplane this morning, I have the same feeling that I had on 9/11. I got dressed this morning, hopped on my scooter and ran an errand that took me almost an hour. I was so nervous being out and in the proximity of the airport. On the way home I stopped at the beach and looked over at the runway. Usually at that hour the planes are lined up for takeoff. There wasn't one plane waiting. That is so eerie. I usually take the back streets that run parallel to the beach and airport. It is a pretty ride. Not today. I took the quickest route that got me there and back as fast as I could go.