"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

BTW, they have identified the Marathon Bomber and and arrest is imminent.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

An update

This afternoon we had a bomb threat and scare at the new Federal Courthouse in South Boston. It turned out to be a false report.

As a result of that activity, all news conferences regarding the Marathon Bomber has been put on hold. This city is on pins and needles.

Please take a look and I hope you can open it at the video I posted on Stray Thoughts. We are holding strong. It tells you what we in Boston are made of.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #43
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have removed all mention of the rude neighbor and the political bomb being discussed. This thread is for commiseration and updates, not for placing blame anywhere towards our country's leaders.

Thank you.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
We are holding strong. It tells you what we in Boston are made of.
I had the good fortune to spend three years on Cape Cod when I was in my mid teens. My dad was stationed at Otis AFB. Mass and Boston people are awesome.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

There were two reports of unaccompanied packages being investigated in our area today. Neither turned out to be dangerous. Dang copycats.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
There were two reports of unaccompanied packages being investigated in our area today. Neither turned out to be dangerous. Dang copycats.
Everyone is on edge.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Bruins-Sabres National Anthem - YouTube

Boston Strong!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
I had the good fortune to spend three years on Cape Cod when I was in my mid teens. My dad was stationed at Otis AFB. Mass and Boston people are awesome.
Thank you. We are all "Boston Strong!" Our battle cry.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

A Thank You To All Members

I want to take this time to thank everyone of our members from all over the world for your support and prayers. To date, there has been over $1M dollars raised already for the victims of the bombing. This fund was started spontaneously. You have no idea how much this support means to all the runners and the people of Boston and Massachusetts. This fund will help with rehab for the amputees, counseling for those who need it, and so many other needs. Once these patients are finally discharged from the hospital, they will need transportation to their home. Whether it be here in the United States or some other country. This fund will help them.

The doctors at the Boston Medical Center held a news conference on the condition of the patients at their facility. They are still performing surgeries on some of the victims. Some of them were amputations. Some are to close some of the wounds. A few patients are still in critical conditon.

A lot of the runners are saying that they are now looking for closure. Most of the runners had a friend running with them. One would be hurt seriously, their friend not so much. It is the less injured friend that is going to need the counseling.

Today there will be an interfaith healing service at the Holy Cross Church not far from where the Marathon ended. The President and the First Lady have landed and will be attending. They will both speak. There is word that the First Lady wants to be able to visit some of the more seriously injured in the hospital. It is unclear if that will happen. But it is so like her.

Thank you for your support. This has been a hard week for Boston. But we are a strong people. We are Boston Strong! We will come out through the other end of this horrific time.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:03 AM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

addie, my heart goes out with all of the others to the victims and the people of boston. we in nyc have a particular understanding of what it means to live through a terroristic attack.

while most of the time boston and ny are sports rivals, at times like this we consider ourselves sister cities, closer to each other than even the rest of the u.s..

but in the end, we all here come together as americans first. the rest of the world should only be so lucky, imo.

i liked what the president said today, that they messed with the wrong city. damn straight! bostonians are some of the toughest, patriotic, and most resillient people i've ever known.

boston strong!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote