I just can't wrap my head around this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, they have identified the Marathon Bomber and and arrest is imminent. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
An update

This afternoon we had a bomb threat and scare at the new Federal Courthouse in South Boston. It turned out to be a false report.

As a result of that activity, all news conferences regarding the Marathon Bomber has been put on hold. This city is on pins and needles.

Please take a look and I hope you can open it at the video I posted on Stray Thoughts. We are holding strong. It tells you what we in Boston are made of. :angel:

I have removed all mention of the rude neighbor and the political bomb being discussed. This thread is for commiseration and updates, not for placing blame anywhere towards our country's leaders.

Thank you.

We are holding strong. It tells you what we in Boston are made of. :angel:

I had the good fortune to spend three years on Cape Cod when I was in my mid teens. My dad was stationed at Otis AFB. Mass and Boston people are awesome.

There were two reports of unaccompanied packages being investigated in our area today. Neither turned out to be dangerous. Dang copycats.

I had the good fortune to spend three years on Cape Cod when I was in my mid teens. My dad was stationed at Otis AFB. Mass and Boston people are awesome.

Thank you. We are all "Boston Strong!" Our battle cry. :angel:

A Thank You To All Members

I want to take this time to thank everyone of our members from all over the world for your support and prayers. To date, there has been over $1M dollars raised already for the victims of the bombing. This fund was started spontaneously. You have no idea how much this support means to all the runners and the people of Boston and Massachusetts. This fund will help with rehab for the amputees, counseling for those who need it, and so many other needs. Once these patients are finally discharged from the hospital, they will need transportation to their home. Whether it be here in the United States or some other country. This fund will help them.

The doctors at the Boston Medical Center held a news conference on the condition of the patients at their facility. They are still performing surgeries on some of the victims. Some of them were amputations. Some are to close some of the wounds. A few patients are still in critical conditon.

A lot of the runners are saying that they are now looking for closure. Most of the runners had a friend running with them. One would be hurt seriously, their friend not so much. It is the less injured friend that is going to need the counseling.

Today there will be an interfaith healing service at the Holy Cross Church not far from where the Marathon ended. The President and the First Lady have landed and will be attending. They will both speak. There is word that the First Lady wants to be able to visit some of the more seriously injured in the hospital. It is unclear if that will happen. But it is so like her.

Thank you for your support. This has been a hard week for Boston. But we are a strong people. We are Boston Strong! We will come out through the other end of this horrific time. :angel:

addie, my heart goes out with all of the others to the victims and the people of boston. we in nyc have a particular understanding of what it means to live through a terroristic attack.

while most of the time boston and ny are sports rivals, at times like this we consider ourselves sister cities, closer to each other than even the rest of the u.s..

but in the end, we all here come together as americans first. the rest of the world should only be so lucky, imo.

i liked what the president said today, that they messed with the wrong city. damn straight! bostonians are some of the toughest, patriotic, and most resillient people i've ever known.

boston strong!

addie, my heart goes out with all of the others to the victims and the people of boston. we in nyc have a particular understanding of what it means to live through a terroristic attack.

while most of the time boston and ny are sports rivals, at times like this we consider ourselves sister cities, closer to each other than even the rest of the u.s..

but in the end, we all here come together as americans first. the rest of the world should only be so lucky, imo.

i liked what the president said today, that they messed with the wrong city. damn straight! bostonians are some of the toughest, patriotic, and most resillient people i've ever known.

boston strong!

Thank you bt. And the good news is that one of the terrorists is dead while they hunt for the other. Right now there is a twenty block area in Watertown that is on lockdown. The people cannot leave their homes. Not even to go to work. They are going to be doing a house to house search. Once the pictures were released it was just a matter of hours before they were recognized and reported. :angel:

Does anyone here know how they got the terrorists' pictures?
Was it a buiness' surveillance camera, a private individual's camera...?
I can't seem to find an answer Googling and was curious.

Some of the pictures came from a surveillance camera at a department store. Lord & Taylor I think. They may have been the initial shots of one guy on the cell phone rather than the shots of them walking with their backpacks.

It's just a guess, but I'd say the second more recent round of photos also came from a surveillance camera. The angle was a little elevated and fixed.

Does anyone here know how they got the terrorists' pictures?
Was it a buiness' surveillance camera, a private individual's camera...?
I can't seem to find an answer Googling and was curious.

Lord and Taylor from across the street , Fidelity from same side of the street and private cell phone and photos from both.

Possibly the tennis and racquet club too

Last edited:
The authorities asked for the public's' help. To send any videos that they were taken at the time of the explosions. And boy did they get a response. The FBI site crashed twice. So aside from the Lord & Taylor pictures, they had plenty to work with.

Right now after 18 hours of lock down and police all over the place, there was more gunfire. The report is that they have a person surrounded in a covered boat in a backyard. The reports are that it is the #2 suspect that they have been looking for. I hope so. This has gone on long enough. I feel like I am living in a war zone. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom