I just can't wrap my head around this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
There were two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Windows were blown out and a lot of people were hurt.

The worst thing that has ever happened is when women first tried to enter the race years ago. I am sure this will be on your news tonight. There are THOUSANDS of runners in this race every year. A lot of folks got hurt by flyiing glass. :(

how horrible that violence in this country continues in public places, unabated. addie, thank heavens that you are safe at home. i thought of you immediately upon hearing the disturbing news of explosions at the boston marathon site.

wow, after reading your post I went and checked what media has to say. Of course they do not really know anything yet.

how horrible that violence in this country continues in public places, unabated. addie, thank heavens that you are safe at home. i thought of you immediately upon hearing the disturbing news of explosions at the boston marathon site.

:(I used to go to this event every year and stand there at the finish line. It has been comfirmed that it was two bombs and just minutes after the explosions there was a major fire at the JFK Library in another part of the city. They don't know if the two are connected.

The runners that didn't get to the finish line have been diverted to another street so that they can finish the race. This whole episode is so sad. My two great grandchildren are at the race with their mother. I don't think they were at the finish line. Won't know until tonight. My grandson, their father has been called in for active duty and is on high alert. So he can't go to Boston to make sure they are all right. He is a firefighter. And my granddaughter's husband, a policeman is also on high alert.

Where the explosions occured in front of that building is a Walgreen's. It has a large plate glass window. There are some serious injuries from that glass. Two people are dead.

I am just so shaken up. This is a fun event. You stand on the side and pass out water to the runners and cheer them on. You make friends with the person standing beside you. And when their runner crosses the finish you cheer just as loudly as you new friend. The race officially ends six p.m. Some folks stay right to the very end to cheer even the last runner.

And this is Patriots Day in Massachusetts. The day the war started for our freedom. From "The Shot Heard Round The World" to bombing. Some freedom. :( :angel:

wow, after reading your post I went and checked what media has to say. Of course they do not really know anything yet.

The Govenor and the Police Commissioner just spoke on TV. More than 40 injured, two dead, two amputations. All Federal agencies are here. FBI, ATF, Secret Service, FAA. Two more explosive devices have been found and are presently being unarmed and dismantled. Four hospitals were utilized. Mass General, Boston Medical, Brigham's and Women's and Tufts Medical Center.

There has been no official name attached to this event. But those that were right there have been calling it a terrorist attack. And right now there is a SWAT team at the Tufts Medical Center.

The Mayor of Danbury Connecticut said that the last mile of the race was dedicated to the families of Newtown. The family members were sitting in the grandstand reserved for officials and special guests. Will violence always follow these people? :angel:

This world is so full of anger and hate and senseless acts anymore. It's so danged sad.

Sympathy to all the injured, the fatalities, the families and anyone nearby as well as those of us hit hard by it just by hearing of it.

Seems nothing is safe anymore :(

I've been watching the live CBS news feed online. So horrible. So many innocent people affected one way or another. I pray it doesn't get worse than it already is.

Addie, and anyone else here who knows someone there, I pray that all your family, friends, etc. come home safe.

I hope they can attach a group or person to this. It is good that they found some bombs that hadn't gone off yet.

Can you imagine if the bomb under the grandstand went off (it didn't and was discovered and destroyed) and the families of the Newtown victims were injured or killed?

Can you imagine if the bomb under the grandstand went off (it didn't and was discovered and destroyed) and the families of the Newtown victims were injured or killed?

You can bet that from here on in, I will never be anywhere there is a crowd. I hope the injured person that is of interest at BWH is the one. :angel:

A despicable and cowardly act to target innocent people gathered to celebrate a wonderful event. Addie, I understand your feelings and share them about staying away from crowded places. We have to be mindful though. If we allow ourselves to be frighted of engaging in the world and keep us hiding in our homes, they have won. =0(

I wish you all could get the news from one of our local stations. Our local stations are WBZ, WCVB, and WHDH. I think if you google anyone of these station, you can get the streaming reports directly. CNN is so off the truth. What they don't know, they are making up. :angel:

There will be a lot of extra people in my prayers tonight. I'm glad you two are safe. This is heartbreaking.

Does Andy M. Live in Boston or somewhere else in Massachusetts? Is everybody accounted for on DC?

I live in a suburb well outside the city. We're well and have been watching the news. The train of thought that leads to bombings is so foreign to me. I cannot comprehend how anyone feels they benefit from this.

Our thoughts are with the victims and at the same time we are relieved the other bombs were disabled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom