I just lost my job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone.
I have to say that I feel much better about it this morning. My sister did not know that he was letting me and ds go. She is LIVID!!
She isn't even coming back to work right now. She doesn't know when she will.
I think the reason that it was me and ds, is because, ds has been making minimum wage and he's been here a year next month and I asked BIL if he was going to give ds a raise and when he said no, I walked away. I never said anything to him. I did my work, if he asked me a question I answered, but, I didn't joke around with him. I treated him like a boss and not a BIL, which, it should always be that way at work anyways. He took his revenge for it. That's okay, he thinks HE knows revenge, no, but, I do!!!!!

Oh yeah, btw, I thought I would have to give my car back once dh found out, LOL, he said NO!! He has to make a car payment anyway and he wants it to be one that I like. So, see, he DOES do nice things every once in a while:LOL:

Last edited:
Texas, I am glad that you feel more upbeat today, and try to stay that way, and look at this as a point where the new leaf gets turned over, for the better. You wouldn't want to stay in that "sinking ship", would you? Your another boy is right about starting to look for another opportunity even if they didn't let him go. Try not to dwell on how your brother in law managed this situation, and focus ahead and on all the things that are positive. You will come out a winner, and we are all here cheering for you!!

TG, sorry to hear the bad news! Glad to hear you're already cheering back up though! (And that you still get the convertible!)

This was just on MSN though, perfect advice!

Getting fired. Dismissal from a job is always a promotion in disguise. You can catch an afternoon game, rethink your career and bring possibility back into your life—all while the guy who just fired you is still at work.

John

Wow Tex, I just saw the post! The never of the SOB :furious: .....pardon my abbreviated french! He's pond scum.....no he's lower than pond scum!

I'm glad to hear that your sis wasn't part of it.

Stay strong......you'll succeed in whatever you do.....you a wonderful person and anyone would be blessed to have you as an employee. Sit back and think what it is you would really like to do and go for it.

We're all here for you girl whenever you need to vent...............HUGE HUGS!!

http://mjxads.internet.com/RealMedi.../animsky.gif/34346664333336373434353866633530

Awww, thank you!!!
John, I like that quote. And to make it better, he is also worrying about bankruptcy for the 3rd time!! And an IRS audit!!!

sorry to hear it tex. i'm sure you'l find something better, and you'll look back and think "what was i thinking workin for that @#$%^".

and you're not a people person, face to face? ok, well just picture everyone you see as one of us here. if it helps, picture them with a 17" vga display for a head.:)

buckytom said:
sorry to hear it tex. i'm sure you'l find something better, and you'll look back and think "what was i thinking workin for that @#$%^".

and you're not a people person, face to face? ok, well just picture everyone you see as one of us here. if it helps, picture them with a 17" vga display for a head.:)

:ROFLMAO: ok bucky! Thanks!!

Tg

Sorry to hear the bad news! I don't understand why it is always the family that lets you down. You think they would give you more considering you are family. it is like that here too. My nephew is with brewery. Getting divorced and trying to make living was not easy. Tried to work down there and I didn't get any help from them. Just have to keep looking forward and consider the source. they say ' what goes round comes round'. I wish no one ill will but why can't they be more understanding? As I said, why does it have to be relatives? Our family always tried to get each other jobs. Except for my sister. She is youngest and guess she doesn't know how it feels to be worrying about something to eat.

One thing I know for sure, your babies (dogs) will give you extra love. Just think, it may have happened for you to spend more time with them. Now doesn't that make you feel little different?

TG, fellow Texan here wishing you a short vacation from work, then a terrifc new job with amazing benefits, wonderful employees and employers, short driving distance and anything else that you need it to be!

LOL!
I'm nercous, but, kinda excited too. I know I can and will find something better and laugh cause they are all still there!!! Thanks again everyone!

Texas........ Im very very VERY sorry to hear that. :neutral: I was canned last January. But..... the job market is great! At least where I am. I hope the same for you too.

My heart goes out to you. Have 2 days of fun self-endulgance if you can, then get your Rear in Gear! Use Monster dot com! It worked very well for me. :)
(((((((HUG)))))))

I think you will find you like working more when you aren't working with family. Also you may just develop the person skills you think you are missing by interacting with other than relatives....and you may enjoy being around family more when you haven't seen them all week. Just a thought!

licia said:
I....and you may enjoy being around family more when you haven't seen them all week. Just a thought!

That is true, except for my niece:( she's become my best friend. I'm only 5 years older than her. I will definately miss being around her. We talk about everything. But, as for the rest, I will be VERY happy not to see them everyday!!:-p

Texasgirl, I just read this thread - I am sorry to hear about this situation. I, too, believe everything happens for a reason - and that only good things lie ahead for you. If this didn't happen, you might spend the rest of your life at that job - yuck! Now, you have the opportunity to find something you really like, with people you like. I can't wait to hear of your new opportunites! Keep smiling, especially while driving that new car with the wind blowing through your hair!

Well, ds just found out that he was hired at another place and will start the 16th!!:w00t2: Now he will make $6.50 an hour. In 6 weeks, he can get a .25 raise. In 6 months, he will get one week vacation. In one year, another raise and 2 weeks vacation. I am so happy for him. Now, it's my turn :unsure:
I applied somewhere that I really don't have experience doing, but, I'm am a fast learner and I never stop until I get it right. I would love a chance at it though. It's clerical in a medical field. It's a little further than I am now, but, not too much. I'm going online to fill out the TWC papers for unemployment in case I don't find something really soon. They may even have some jobs there too.

TG, every interview is a good interview whether you get the job or not. You may want to keep a small journal regarding each one and be very analytical about what you think you did right and what you could have done better. Getting a new job is a job in itself but will pay off for the best. Best wishes.

phinz said:
What part of Tejas are you in? I know folks in Midland/Odessa, Dallas/FW and Houston....

Unfortunately, I live about 80+ miles east of Dallas, south of Greenville. Noone knows anyone here, unless, you grew up here:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom