"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #21
Master Chef

Thanks everyone.
I have to say that I feel much better about it this morning. My sister did not know that he was letting me and ds go. She is LIVID!!
She isn't even coming back to work right now. She doesn't know when she will.
I think the reason that it was me and ds, is because, ds has been making minimum wage and he's been here a year next month and I asked BIL if he was going to give ds a raise and when he said no, I walked away. I never said anything to him. I did my work, if he asked me a question I answered, but, I didn't joke around with him. I treated him like a boss and not a BIL, which, it should always be that way at work anyways. He took his revenge for it. That's okay, he thinks HE knows revenge, no, but, I do!!!!!

Oh yeah, btw, I thought I would have to give my car back once dh found out, LOL, he said NO!! He has to make a car payment anyway and he wants it to be one that I like. So, see, he DOES do nice things every once in a while

Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Texas, I am glad that you feel more upbeat today, and try to stay that way, and look at this as a point where the new leaf gets turned over, for the better. You wouldn't want to stay in that "sinking ship", would you? Your another boy is right about starting to look for another opportunity even if they didn't let him go. Try not to dwell on how your brother in law managed this situation, and focus ahead and on all the things that are positive. You will come out a winner, and we are all here cheering for you!!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #23
Head Chef

TG, sorry to hear the bad news! Glad to hear you're already cheering back up though! (And that you still get the convertible!)

This was just on MSN though, perfect advice!

Getting fired. Dismissal from a job is always a promotion in disguise. You can catch an afternoon game, rethink your career and bring possibility back into your life—all while the guy who just fired you is still at work.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #24
Master Chef

Wow Tex, I just saw the post! The never of the SOB .....pardon my abbreviated french! He's pond scum.....no he's lower than pond scum!

I'm glad to hear that your sis wasn't part of it.

Stay strong......you'll succeed in whatever you do.....you a wonderful person and anyone would be blessed to have you as an employee. Sit back and think what it is you would really like to do and go for it.

We're all here for you girl whenever you need to vent...............HUGE HUGS!!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #25
Master Chef

Awww, thank you!!!
John, I like that quote. And to make it better, he is also worrying about bankruptcy for the 3rd time!! And an IRS audit!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

sorry to hear it tex. i'm sure you'l find something better, and you'll look back and think "what was i thinking workin for that @#$%^".

and you're not a people person, face to face? ok, well just picture everyone you see as one of us here. if it helps, picture them with a 17" vga display for a head.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
sorry to hear it tex. i'm sure you'l find something better, and you'll look back and think "what was i thinking workin for that @#$%^".

and you're not a people person, face to face? ok, well just picture everyone you see as one of us here. if it helps, picture them with a 17" vga display for a head.
ok bucky! Thanks!!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Tg

Sorry to hear the bad news! I don't understand why it is always the family that lets you down. You think they would give you more considering you are family. it is like that here too. My nephew is with brewery. Getting divorced and trying to make living was not easy. Tried to work down there and I didn't get any help from them. Just have to keep looking forward and consider the source. they say ' what goes round comes round'. I wish no one ill will but why can't they be more understanding? As I said, why does it have to be relatives? Our family always tried to get each other jobs. Except for my sister. She is youngest and guess she doesn't know how it feels to be worrying about something to eat.

One thing I know for sure, your babies (dogs) will give you extra love. Just think, it may have happened for you to spend more time with them. Now doesn't that make you feel little different?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #29
Senior Cook

TG, fellow Texan here wishing you a short vacation from work, then a terrifc new job with amazing benefits, wonderful employees and employers, short driving distance and anything else that you need it to be!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Sorry TG he will get whats coming to him just wait and see it's called.Bad Karma.