"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #31
Master Chef

LOL!
I'm nercous, but, kinda excited too. I know I can and will find something better and laugh cause they are all still there!!! Thanks again everyone!

Old 05-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Texas........ Im very very VERY sorry to hear that. I was canned last January. But..... the job market is great! At least where I am. I hope the same for you too.

My heart goes out to you. Have 2 days of fun self-endulgance if you can, then get your Rear in Gear! Use Monster dot com! It worked very well for me.
(((((((HUG)))))))

Old 05-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #33
Master Chef

Thanks DS!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #34
Executive Chef

I think you will find you like working more when you aren't working with family. Also you may just develop the person skills you think you are missing by interacting with other than relatives....and you may enjoy being around family more when you haven't seen them all week. Just a thought!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
I....and you may enjoy being around family more when you haven't seen them all week. Just a thought!
That is true, except for my niece she's become my best friend. I'm only 5 years older than her. I will definately miss being around her. We talk about everything. But, as for the rest, I will be VERY happy not to see them everyday!!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #36
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Texasgirl, I just read this thread - I am sorry to hear about this situation. I, too, believe everything happens for a reason - and that only good things lie ahead for you. If this didn't happen, you might spend the rest of your life at that job - yuck! Now, you have the opportunity to find something you really like, with people you like. I can't wait to hear of your new opportunites! Keep smiling, especially while driving that new car with the wind blowing through your hair!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #37
Master Chef

Well, ds just found out that he was hired at another place and will start the 16th!! Now he will make $6.50 an hour. In 6 weeks, he can get a .25 raise. In 6 months, he will get one week vacation. In one year, another raise and 2 weeks vacation. I am so happy for him. Now, it's my turn
I applied somewhere that I really don't have experience doing, but, I'm am a fast learner and I never stop until I get it right. I would love a chance at it though. It's clerical in a medical field. It's a little further than I am now, but, not too much. I'm going online to fill out the TWC papers for unemployment in case I don't find something really soon. They may even have some jobs there too.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #38
Executive Chef

TG, every interview is a good interview whether you get the job or not. You may want to keep a small journal regarding each one and be very analytical about what you think you did right and what you could have done better. Getting a new job is a job in itself but will pay off for the best. Best wishes.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #39
Head Chef

What part of Tejas are you in? I know folks in Midland/Odessa, Dallas/FW and Houston....

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz
What part of Tejas are you in? I know folks in Midland/Odessa, Dallas/FW and Houston....
Unfortunately, I live about 80+ miles east of Dallas, south of Greenville. Noone knows anyone here, unless, you grew up here