"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Master Chef

I just lost my little doggie

My 15 year old JR terrier had to be put down today. She lived a good long life, and as many friends have noted, actually two lives, so while we shed tears we were also happy that she didn't suffer (had a seizure, we took her in; from first seizure it was less than an hour). But I'm still sad today.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

I'm sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Cook

I am so sorry. Las year we lost our chocolate lab and it still hard to think about him.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Head Chef

Take care, you are in my thoughts.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Sorry to hear about that claire, I know what it feels like when you lose a pet that's close to you. And to lose a pet that everyone feels that he/she is one of the family.

a very long time ago my German Sheppard died and I still think about her every once in a while.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
Everymom

Ah Claire I'm so sorry. No matter how much time we have with them it is never enough. My heart aches a little for you.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
Master Chef

I cannot resist asking; is anyone reading this remembering when this doggie got lost for 8 days? it is a good story that some of the old timers here might remember. If you're interested in doggie survival stories I'll tell you about it as a sort of obit. She really was a survivor, and my DC friends helped me through it.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Everymom

Please do share it again Claire. You are such a good storyteller and it will bring her alive for us all I think.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
Master Chef

My little doggie's story

Thank you for asking me to tell the story again, since she has now left us to meet her mommie in heaven.

I wanted a dog when I lived in Hawaii. I wanted her small, and not pure-bred. In other words I was looking for a mutt. I found her, paid $100 for her (Hawaii has very stringeant laws) ... all I was looking for was a little short haired puppy and the humane society was showing me 25 lb, 6 mos old dogs and telling me they were "small" dogs. So I bought this little "teririer chihuaua mix"

We wer stationed in Virginia, and suddenly everyone was telling me I had a Jack Russell terrier. To make a long story short, we were convinced to breed her to a JR, and we kept my husband's favorite.

WE took the puppy we chose hither and yon, and wound up here, where her mother died (a good old age, we cried, but it was time). A bit after that is when the adventure started.