"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Awww Texas I'm so sorry. I hit a squirrel and that tore me up.
I'm just like you when it comes to animals. I love them more than I
do most people. Just know the dog is looking down on you knowing
you didn't do it on purpose.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Hi texas,

I'm new to the forums and saw your post..I'm so sorry for the experience you went through..just last week Friday, my husband and I were just leaving a dinner party, and started heading down the road. One of the party attendees ran out right in front of our truck to go to her car on the other side of the road. it was pitch black, luckily the headlights spotlighted her..we braked hard, we were about 1 foot from her!!!..she was lucky and so were we.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
TG - I am so sorry!!!!!

Question here in regards to your husband. Can they give him a small dosage (and I mean small dosage) of oxycoton or oxycodone (spellings for each may be wrong). I know they are addictive so no one jump on me about this. Or something else that will relax him thus relaxing his throat?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
TG...you need a hug, a break ... and some good laughs. I hope they all come your way soon!!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #15
Head Chef

I am so sorry to hear about all your worries, texasgirl! Of course I feel badly for your sick DH, but also for you, the caregiver - the other victim of a serious illness.

You sure as heck did not need that dog running out in front of your car on the way to the EMERGENCY ROOM, for heaven's sakes! As if you weren't feeling bad enough!

My thoughts and positive energies are with you. Take care of yourself, too!

Lee
Old 12-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #16
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Maybe the dog was very ill. Maybe it was in pain before it ran in front of you? We dont know. But YOU didnt intentionally hit the dog. Try not to feel TOO bad.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:31 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Wow, I can certainly understand how horrible you must feel TG, but it's not your fault and also you were distressed at the time on your way to the ER with your husband.

Make sure to call animal control so they can pick up the dog and notify the owners, this way you can tell them it was an accident and that it ran out in front of you, which actually could have caused harm to you and your husband as well. But get the dog off the road, I'm sure no one would like to see that poor thing lying there.

May happier times be heading your way soon! You certainly deserve it, both of you
Old 12-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #18
Senior Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wow, I can certainly understand how horrible you must feel TG, but it's not your fault and also you were distressed at the time on your way to the ER with your husband.

Make sure to call animal control so they can pick up the dog and notify the owners, this way you can tell them it was an accident and that it ran out in front of you, which actually could have caused harm to you and your husband as well. But get the dog off the road, I'm sure no one would like to see that poor thing lying there.

May happier times be heading your way soon! You certainly deserve it, both of you
I agree 100%. I have a cat; she's strictly indoors only but she wears a collar with a tag identifying me as the owner and my phone number, just in case. She's also microchipped. You never know when a pet might escape. Hopefully this dog has a collar with a tag on it.

It's definitely not TG's fault this happened but I sure understand the added stress in her life and the anguish she feels about the dog.

Fraidy
Old 12-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
TG - I am so sorry!!!!!

Question here in regards to your husband. Can they give him a small dosage (and I mean small dosage) of oxycoton or oxycodone (spellings for each may be wrong). I know they are addictive so no one jump on me about this. Or something else that will relax him thus relaxing his throat?
Noone has offered anything of the kind to him. I don't know why, unless they want to wait and see what happens with the other tests. Not sure.

Thanks everyone. You know how much of a dog lover I am. It just broke my heart.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time tg! Glad that your husband is doing better though.

I once hit an owl. Talk about bad omen. I was on the interstate, going about 80, it flew out from the side and hit my windsheild. I was horrified!

We're with you tg!