I knew this was coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
I live in hipster town and last year they opened up a dog cafe close by. Now, this month, they're opening a cat cafe. Well, I'm no longer a pet owner so they really don't concern me.
Would you pay $22 for about an hour to spend time with your cat in a cafe so you can watch your cat socialize with other felines while you sip your $5 latte? :LOL:

These café owners are going to clean up. You can't expect the owners to do it.
I suppose they give out doggie bags at the door.
You can post your reviews on MEOW and ARF! (not YELP). "This place is the cat's meow, I give it 5 catnips!"

If I took Latté, she would be busy fighting all the other cats, Smudge would hide and Django would make lots of friends. Django loves everyone and thinks it's his due that humans fawn over him...

No, I would not spend money to take my cats, however I would spend money to sit in a cafe full of cats.

Last edited:
My cat when she was alive would have fight all the other cats or try to order a catapult. Yes, she tried to do that online once and then shut down all the pages when we saw her...

Beagle doesn't drink a lot of coffee either. Makes her hyper.

She would get along fine with other dogs in the cafe, as long as they were her size or smaller. If they were big males, she would bully them mercilessly.

I would have. I loved doing new things with my dog because his reactions were always so much fun to watch. I remember one time at Christmas when I took him out walking around our small town. Some guy was playing bagpipes and my dog sat himself in front with his head cocked completely to one side watching the entire time the guy was playing. I had to hand it to the guy - he didn't skip a beat. That couldn't have been easy with a large Doberman watching so intently.

Later on in the day, we passed a store window where the owners had a toy train going round on a train track. My dog put his paws up on the ledge and followed the train going around with his head - other people thought it was hysterical.

As long as there were no aggressive dogs at the dog cafe, I know my dog would have enjoyed the daylights out of himself. And I would have had fun watching him have fun. Well worth the $22.

there's no disagreement that cats and dogs are different in showing affection........cats are just different about it.......they do, though, and when they pass on, the hurt is still the same..........

Everyone knows family is so important. Why no 'Mother in law Restaurants', you can take your mother in law out for $40/hr, someone else will clean up. A restaurant with no knives.

I figured I would have owed it to my dog. When you do tracking and Search and Rescue with your dog, you depend on the dog. Completely. That means you two have to have a bond. And we sure did. I figure my dog had to stay inside while I worked all day, do Obedience training he didn't particularly like, and would have laid down his life to protect me (I had at least two occasions where his actions made a difference), so the least I could do would be to provide him with a little fun in his life. I didn't just have a dog. I had a partner.

I spent money on decent food for him, brought him to the vet when he needed it, paid for his cancer treatments, paid for training, paid for equipment for training, paid for shows, and paid through the nose for a place to live with a yard. So what's $22 more bucks?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom