"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #31
Honey Badger

Things have been going from bad to worse. I'll get by, move on and deal with my own grief alone, in my own way.

The Black widows are busily spinning their webs. He apparently had remarried, and was going through his 2nd divorce. Those 2 now are fighting over who gets what from insurance, SS, bank account. Right down to the services. It still hasn't happened. His obituary in the paper wifey #2, wrote. She didn't even make sure his name was spelled correctly. She had nothing to say " In memory of, nothing!"

My main concern was for the kids, how are they doing with all this? Wifey #1 called me, have yet to hear anything from #2. My sincere effort to extend to her help in any way was manipulated. Her concerns about her kids welfare was to try and drag me into the family drama that I've had no part of in years, to get material things from Wifey #2. Who had at the time refused to jack with my brother until she see's some money. I'm not getting into anything for anyone. Your adults. Grow up and deal with it on your own, has been my attitude! If you've got the time, energy to bicker, your more capable then I am to get what your blood sucking souls needs. I won't help you!

I was told this morning that possibly after the holidays they would hold a service.
Frankly I think it's a little too late, afterthought. Both wives now know where I stand, and that I won't be in attendance. I don't like the drama that's been happening. I haven't taken this well at all. My BP has been fluctuating too high. It's not in my best interest that I expose myself to all that.

Munky.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #32
Everymom

What a mess. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of that. You are well out of it all. Those moms can look after the kids. They sound like they are well able to manage things! Maybe not in the right ways, but the kids will be looked after. I'm saying a prayer for your peace of mind Munky. Just breathe and rest. Love and serene thoughts coming your way.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Stay strong, Munky. It's so sad that some people have to resort to this. Bless you for thinking of the kids.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #34
Head Chef

That is just so sad. Sad, sad, sad. Not only to have such a terrible loss but to have it compounded by others. Try to find some happy memories to keep in your heart and know that I am so sorry for all you are going through.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #35
Executive Chef

How awful. I hope things get better. Thoughts and prayers to you.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #36
Executive Chef

those sister-in-laws are piling some heavy toxic stuff on you that you are wisely side-stepping. spending time with your immediate family, your sister, your mom, is who you are there for--and for the memory of your brother...soon you will return home to your husband, and your home. peace to you, munky....
Old 11-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #37
Master Chef

Munky, I was out of town when you first posted about your brother or I would have responded at the time. I just wanted to add how very sorry I am for your loss, and sorry too for what has transpired in the following days.

I also lost a brother to suicide many years ago, and like you with your first brother, I still miss him every day. I can't even imagine the horror of repeating such a terrible loss with a second brother. My mother was nearly destroyed by the suicide of her son........it's just unthinkable for your mother and you to have to go through this again. As you already know too well, this is a unique kind of grief like no other.

As for the two wives, you're doing the wise thing by removing yourself from them.

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #38
Executive Chef

In times of trouble, people tend to show their best and worst. Keep your chin up Munky!

Don't grind yourself up with worry, just remember who is who and deal with it later, after the pain and sorrow fade a little.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Char, you've done the right thing. Rest easy honey you don't need to deal with a mess like this. Your own health can't suffer you have those who need you so please ignor the 2 mom's. They are perfectly capable of taking care of the children now and you know they can. Please,please take care of YOU and let them tend their own. prayers for you, your mom and above all your brother. hugs Char.
cj
Old 11-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #40
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Love you, Char, lots of hugs and well wishes for you!