I Love My New Shoes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
Bought a pair of "CROCS" today for work...OMG!!! They are the most comfortable shoes EVER!!! As a Birkenstock clog wearer...these blow them away!!!
If you work in a kitchen, or anywhere that you are always on your feet, I suggest you get a pair!!!
They are very inexpensive, and way comfortable!!!

Cewl - I had seen these, just didn't register the name! My only concern if you're working in a pro kitchen, is the open back and the ventilation holes - not going to protect your feet much if something hot gets spilled on them.

I always wore the whole-heel Danskos, and loved those; did 18 hour stints in them comfortably.

Erik

what color did you pick? Where did you buy yours? Aren't there different brands but same style? We wanted to get them but always in hurry. Do they run true to size?

I've just broken in a pair of Swedish clogs that I ordered at the Restaurant Show. They took some getting used to, because they are wood, but now they are great, and give me much more support and sure-footedness than my Danskos.

Besides, they are purple, and go beautifully with my new chef pants! :rolleyes: :D

In the Kitchen said:
what color did you pick? Where did you buy yours? Aren't there different brands but same style? We wanted to get them but always in hurry. Do they run true to size?
I bought black, to go with most of my chef pants...

I bought them at a bike store, and they have many kinds...they don't run true to size...
I wear a 13 wide, and their size 12 fit me wonderfully!!!

Check out the crocs site www.crocs.com

There are Crocs professional that have no ventilation holes on the top, just around the sides, and they have a full, but low back.

I really want a pair, I'm torn between pink and butter!

:) I bought 1 pair then bought 3 more pairs.They are great when you hafto stand on a hard surface for a long time.

My grandson, 8 (my progeny tend to have big feet) has a pair, and I tried them on the other day. They wouldn't have worked for the rock floor in the greenhouse, but they'd have been great for working on the concrete floor in the shop.
I did have big pieces of rubber belting from the coal mine as a floor surface for my two work areas.

I am a Die Hard Birk wearer...I wouldn't mind trying these, but I am affraid of the vent holes, and hot liquid spillage. Accidents do happen, and I don't like holes in shoes and burning hot liquid combos...we'll see...

I got turned onto Crocs last summer, they are great, so comfortable and versatile.

Erik

Erik said:

I bought them at a bike store, and they have many kinds...they don't run true to size...

Thanks for quick response. if person has to run do you think they will stay on and not come off. I seem to always be chasing something and these shoes w/o backs don't appeal to me. They truly have some wild colors but as you did I would get black. They aren't real hot are they? Or do you notice?

Bike store, what kind of bike you have? Being sold at bike store should give some assurance that they promote them. Not that you would ride a bike w/them but they are flexible.

Erik

Erik said:

Thanks for quick response. if person has to run do you think they will stay on and not come off. I seem to always be chasing something and these shoes w/o backs don't appeal to me. They truly have some wild colors but as you did I would get black. They aren't real hot are they? Or do you notice?

Bike store, what kind of bike you have? Being sold at bike store should give some assurance that they promote them. Not that you would ride a bike w/them but they are flexible.

TATTRAT said:
I am a Die Hard Birk wearer...I wouldn't mind trying these, but I am affraid of the vent holes, and hot liquid spillage. Accidents do happen, and I don't like holes in shoes and burning hot liquid combos...we'll see...
Again you can by them without the ventilation holes!!! That is what I bought.

In the Kitchen said:

Not sure about the running aspect, they fit your feet well.. They are not too hot, the kitchen I work in has been about 120 degrees the last few days or so.

As far as a bicycle...I don't have one right now...need to get one.

The two places that sell them in my area are the bicycle shop and a marina.

Erik, I am sure you got the message. Nothing like having it show up 3 times. Got message it could not go through. Well, anyway don't want you to think I have time on my hands. Only interested in your shoes once is enough.

Erik said:
Again you can by them without the ventilation holes!!! That is what I bought.

I hope this isn't double posting.........but as i said earlier, Sorry, I guess i shoulda read every last post....

But thanks to your response, i will have to give 'em a shot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom