I miss being on here all the time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I started a new job on the 17th and my hours are a little long, so, by the time I get home, I cook dinner, unless dh does, eat and go to bed:wacko:
The first job was HORRIBLE!! I went the first day and didn't go back. They were so mean and rude. I was called stupid, ignored at breaks and just couldn't understand their program because of the trainer.
That's okay though, this job is great. It's with a huge self storage company that has over 500 storage units, including climate control, about 100 RV/Boat storage spaces and they are expanding even further. We also rent UHAUL truck, trailers, car transports and tow dollys. This is the first real retail like job I've had. It's tough sometimes when you have so many people in at the same time trying to get things, but, it's actually fun. You get to hear where people are going and coming from. There are some really nice people that come through there. I've always had bad experiences with people with lots of money, but, the people that own this company, work there everyday and are just so super nice!!! I've been there since the 17th, worked 4 days the first week and by this past Monday, they gave me keys to the place to open and close. I'm still getting use to closing. You have to go through the receipts and seperate the cash, checks and credit, then total each and count the cash drawer, print reports and match everything to make sure of no discrepancies{sp} but, I'm catching on. I was told that it usually takes people close to a month to learn what I have in a weeks time. That made my day!! I also had an offer to go back to BIL's company, my nephew, who was the only other one to know my job, quit!!:LOL: So, I told my new manager last Thursday that I may go back and she went and said something to the owner and he called me in and flat out asked what he could do to keep me there, that they really liked me:wub: . He said that they want someone that can be trained to be assistant manager and that his plans were to build another facility and wanted them to go there and manage when he does and that they felt that person could be me.:) BIL can kiss my butt!!:-p

Just wanted to catch you up on what is going on. I'm happy to find this job and that money is coming back in.

Howdy TG!! Great to hear that you are doing well with your new job!! Yeah, it can be always a bit rough at the start of any new employment, getting used to the new routine, new chores, new people... but trust that everything will get easier and settle into place as you get more into the swing of everything, and it is good to hear that now you are with nice people... if I were you I wouldn't go back to that old place of yours, you said that company was like a sinking ship, and after they treated you like they did... I think you would be much better off with this new opportunity.
Take care of yourself, great to see ya again and come join us whenever you can!!

TG
Glad to hear that the new job is going so well. It sounds like you might really have a great future there.

Nope, I won't be going back!! I love this place and the people I work for and with. I've even lost a little weight from all the walking. LOL
I'm finally going to break the 160 on the scale, WOOHOO!!!

Thanks you two!!

Good for you TG--when it rains it pours, huh?!?:) You deserve such a good new job and the chance to say thanks-but-no-thanks to the BIL!!! I'm so happy for you (but I do miss seeing you around as much!). Check in when you can!!!

Texas,
see, I knew the right people would find you..And now both you and your new employers have the best :) Sounds to me like they already love you just like we do here. I'm so glad for you, we miss ya like crazy, but, we know you will be dropping in and letting us know how it's going..
Way to go girl keep it up:)

kadesma

Glad to see things turning around for you TG in such a positive way- I do miss your posts though- I'm sure you'll stop in when you get the chance!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

We miss you being here all the time too!

It's great
That you like the new job!!!

Thanks everybody. I feel so much better just having money coming back in. Having these people to work for, makes it really nice!!

We miss you too. I want a job that pays me and I lose weight too. I am so jealous! Enjoy your good fortune and update us when you feel like it.:) I can't find the jealous smilie. The green one just says sick.

Way to go, TG. Stay where you are - sounds like more of a future there!

I know what you mean about not being able to get back to your other home here as often as you would like, but just like every other family with loved ones we will be glad to see you whenever we can.

:) Way to go TG always knew something good would come up.And the job will get even easier a time goes.Looks like you get to advance as well and that always means more money.The best to you.JP

I'm so glad you're happy in your new job, tg!! Good for you!!! What days off do you have? We'll look forward to your visits then :)

Yes, TG - you are in a good situation now. Don't even think about giving it up - you don't want to be back where you were a month or 2 ago. What you have now sounds great - with more great things to strive for in the future! The company you are with now is planning to expand & grow - you can grow right along with them! :)

Thank you callie and Corinne!
My days and hours differ. We're open Monday through Saturday, 8-5. So, we go by a schedule. I know that I at least have Sunday off and then one day during the week.

I hear ya, my absence has been for a similar reason... started part time and a month later I'm full time... compound that with volunteering at the SPCA (we have a big fundraiser coming up), my sister moving in... long story, my moms surgery, and my beauticontrol business... I HAVE NO LIFE

ok, so, i'm waiting.

do i need to spell it out for you?

"yes, you all were right, especially you, buckytom. i got a good job because i'm a good person who can't be kept down. AND it feels good to say good riddance to bad times."

there.

nuff said.

(besides congrats. we knew it the whole time tho...:) )

Back
Top Bottom