I must have Oprah's favorite gadget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DramaQueen

Head Chef
If anyone watched the Oprah show yesterday, you saw her favorite gadget and it is fabulous! It's called the Amazon Kindle. Click on this and see for yourself.
Amazon.com: Kindle: Amazon's Wireless Reading Device: Kindle Store

I want one so bad I can taste it. It's a revolutionary way of reading thousands of books, newspapers, magazines etc. without the book itself. Be sure to scroll down to see the demo video.

I'm wondering if anyone out there already has one and please let me know how you like it. This is now my new obsession.

That is awesome! I would love something like that. And to be able to buy new books without having to use fuel and deal with the crazys in the stores, lol

I've read about it in the past.. Great idea but... I still like the good old fashioned books.

When I leave for Michigan for the summer I take about 7 or 8 books with me. Some of them are hardcovers. This past summer as I was checking my luggage (I don't pay for luggage) I was charged $50.00 because I was 6 lbs. overweight. It was the dang books. I wish I'd have had the Kindle then. With the extra memory card you can download over 4,000 books.

yes.. I can see your point. I would come in handy while traveling, which we do a lot of.

I would love one of these. I'm thinking of buying one for hubby (which I can then "borrow".) I love the feel of a book in my hands and I will never give up buying them. But for novels and such that I generally purchase in paperback and then sell back to Half-Price, I think this would be an even better way to save trees.

Oh, and I remembered, Oprah said if you came across a word you needed to look for in the dictionary, it also does that. And you can read leading newspapers.

:) I want one but I also say if you can wait about six months to a year the price will go way down on this little unit.

They are bringing it out just before Christmas, leaving enough time for everyone to say, I want one! :)

Price will drop, but I don't think it will drop much as there is nothing else like this on the market yet.
A good example of this is the Wii.. in Canada the price has not dropped since its release, there is nothing else like it.

:) The beauty of this gadget is that you don't have to lug a pile of books around and can skip driving to the library, book store or run to get a news paper plus you can read newspapers that you can't get where you live. You can download this stuff anywhere you are no connecting to a computer.

Back
Top Bottom