"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #21
Head Chef

^I still say "Sweet dreams" to my mom every night like she did me when I was little!

Old 12-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Miss Laurie -- It's Sunday!! Time for Chied Fricken!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 12-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #23
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Miss Laurie -- It's Sunday!! Time for Chied Fricken!!!
I've booked my flight and packed my bag (with twuffles, peppermint patties and almond toffee bark!!!!!)

You have been good all week, you deserve it Uncle B!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh boy!!!! Twuffles and Peppermint Patties at the same time!!!!! WoW!!

They say Chicken soup is good for what ails ya....Just wait till ya wrap ya lips around some good ole Southern Chied Fricken!!! You'll be strutin like a rooster!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
Head Chef

Uncle Bob--I love your sig line and I get a feeling that you and my dad would have gotten along just fine.

Laurie, I hope you had a good night sleep and have awakened feeling a bit better knowing that you are loved and are not alone. I am so proud of you that you recognized things weren't right and admitted it. That is always the hardest part. I have a hard time admitting that I have my limits and accepting that. It is not easy dealing with dementia. We all have our crosses to bear but sharing our troubles makes the load lighter.
Hugs, Susan
Old 12-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Laurie, you need to check out the gumption thread a lighter take on the lack of xmas spirit. I think a lot of us are feeling this way. I personally don't take it too hard when I don't have the Christmas Spirit which is just about every year so much is expected from so many people which can be quite stressful. I say don't let it get to you and do what you can but don't feel guilty or sad you can't do it all. You give so much of yourself that there are times you should just do what YOU want and or do nothing at all if thats how you feel. It's OK to get a little selfish and do nice things for yourself and nobody else. Chalk out certain days or a week even for your ME time to do nothing but relax and enjoy YOURSELF that way you can regroup, renenergize and refresh yourself. Choose to do what matters to you most and let go of some of the other stuff you do just because you feel obligated to do it. First chance you get take a day off and go somewhere and pamper yourself.
Just know you are loved here and we are ready and able to see you through the holidays.
Jackie
Old 12-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #27
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, JP, I actually posted in the gumption thread the day before I started this thread. I think in a way that is what alerted me to the fact I was slipping a bit. But writing here and finding out how much I am loved, having my best friend take some time out of a busy day just to come and give me a hug and a cheer-up gift, feeding the needy last night and a good night sleep have all helped me more than you know.

I am taking today, until DH gets home from work, to just do as I please and then he and I are doing a little shopping and going out for dinner. I am not saying I am all done with the Christmas Blues, but I am well on my way thanks for the most part to my loving DC family.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 12-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #28
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Laurie, I just saw this thread and I'm so glad to hear your feeling better. We are all afraid to admit things in our lives, but until we admit them they will not change. Try to keep a smile even when you don't feel like it. Lots of love sent your way.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #29
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
First chance you get take a day off and go somewhere and pamper yourself.

Jackie
I SO need to do this, Jackie! It's the "first chance I get" part that I'm having trouble finding!

Great post - thanks!

Lee
Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #30
Head Chef

That is why I see a massotherapist at least once a month and when I go down to South Florida I go to a Red Door Spa. There is nothing better than being pampered.