"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Master Chef

I need help from hair professionals

You don't have to be a professional really. I got a perm and my hair is so DRY! If I don't put this stuff called Curls Rock, in it, it frizzes and puffs up
I am looking for something, anything that will tame it so that I don't have to put anything in it and it will not be dry or at least something that I can put in it that isn't going to make my hair feel like cardboard. Help me please!! I wanted texture, but now I have dry puffy bedhead.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Head Chef

Idealy you need to seek another proffessionals help. Basicly what has happened is your hairdresser overprocessed you hair. It is fixable but you really need to enlist the help and products that only liscensed cosmotologists have access to.
If that just isnt an option I would get Infusium shampoo, rinse out conditioner and the leave in spray conditioner use them as directed on the containers and then apply a a good hair gel to lessen the friz effects.
Good luck!

Old 09-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Master Chef

Biolage makes an excellent leave-in conditioner. You can probably get it from your hairdresser.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
You can also take whatever conditioner you use and use that as a leave-in. Use a bit more than you think you should - it can't hurt anything.

Also, after your hair dries and if you are still a bit frizzy either use the curls rock in wet hands (rub hands together) or use a bit more conditioner in wet hands (rub hands together) - but be careful this time and dont' use too much. Keep the product on the outside of your hair and at the ends, not at the root end as you don't want to totally flatten your hair. Scrunching all over gives the best results, with attention paid to the ends at the end. Just be careful and when you scrunch start using your fingertips first and then work towards the palms of your hads. You don't want to put everything in your hands in one place. When you do this turn your head upside down.

Also, you can was with conditioner only every other time if you want to. There is enough alcohol in the conditioner to clean your hair and give it a break from the other agents in the shampoo.

I'm not a professional but I have naturally curly hair - don't need a perm to get dried out frizzy hair - it comes naturally

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Attili View Post
Idealy you need to seek another proffessionals help. Basicly what has happened is your hairdresser overprocessed you hair. It is fixable but you really need to enlist the help and products that only liscensed cosmotologists have access to.
If that just isnt an option I would get Infusium shampoo, rinse out conditioner and the leave in spray conditioner use them as directed on the containers and then apply a a good hair gel to lessen the friz effects.
Good luck!

you know, I wondered about that because, my hair is really thin and it's about to my shoulder blades and she used 2 bottles.
If it were thick, I would understand doing this, but, not as thin as my hair is.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
Master Chef

Okay, thank you all!! I will see if the other salon can sell mw something, if not, I will try the other things for sure. I just hate having stiff hair. LOL
Old 09-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
OK, now that I see you have thin hair you might want to go with a DAB of what I suggested above. My hair is thick so I use a LOT of product in it - you use just a bit and turning your head upside down with the curls rock will give it some volume I think too.

The conditioner will not leave your hair stiff. I know the curls rock does. Try using less of it.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
Head Chef

Use a pick to comb out your hair instead of a comb or brush. it wil cut down on static and not rough up the cuticle of your hair as much.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
Master Chef

I have thin straight hair and sometimes get perms. Have had lots of experience with frizzy perms. My sister is a professional hair dresser and she has me using Redken Styling no. 7 Clean Lift. I shampoo and use conditioner then with hair still wet, apply the clean lift and let dry naturally or with diffuser on blow dryer low heat. Then you can pick or comb through the curls and they will be soft and hold their shape without feeling like cardboard. When I don't have a perm, the clean lift works like a styling gel and gives volume and hold but doesn't make your hair feel like it has stuff in it. You can buy the clean lift at any salon that sells Redken brand products. Also, I would recommend going back to the salon where you got your perm in the first place and let the manager know that you are not happy and why. If the salon is any good, they will repair it at no charge. If you don't let the stylist know, she will do it wrong on her next customer. Sounds like she needs to attend a refresher on chemical treating!
Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #10
Head Chef

Do you also use color? I found that perms and color are not a good thing for me. The combo really dried my hair out. Soooo, I have blond, short straight hair.