I need help with choosing DH's christmas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my suggestion: neither!

since he likes building things, get someone to teach him how to do something he doesn't know and can't just "pick up" by himself. maybe like welding or something. enroll him in a class. i bet he'd be thrilled. or how about a massage course??!!
icon12.gif

Andy M. said:
You're asking a bunch of foodies on a cooking site whether they prefer a grill or a saw as a gift?:ROFLMAO:

I think you're "looking for" a certain answer!:angel:
ha ha. I thought that too.

I'd vote for the grill too. It's the gift that keeps on giving to both of you. :LOL: My husband always wants all sorts of woodworking tools but he's one of those people that just buys what he wants, whether we can afford it or not.:rolleyes: He's so hard to shop for because of that, he just never waits. I'd better not let him see the photo of the Rigid saw. :LOL: His miter saw works just fine! Point being, go for the grill!

The key to the decision is that he has a saw that works but not a grill that works...

No brainer - go for the Kitchen Aid Mixer.

There are only two proper ways to decide such decisions:

1) Rock / Paper / Scissors

2) Heads or Tails?

get him the saw, on the proviso that the money he makes doing folks decking etc... goes towards a new grill! :)

perhaps he can get a head start selling his old saw too.

If you know the exact grill he wants i would get the grill, but my DH would want to pick his own grill and they are quite heavy to return. It sounds like you know the grill to get so i would get that then get the saw later. Your lucky my DH asked for undershirts for Christmas.

Both look like fine pieces of equipment. I'm thinking if you scale each back, just a little, you could still get a GOOD grill and a GOOD combination mitre saw. (couldn't you?)

LOL, I'm still in a dilemna. DH is going to have to decide. I wanted to keep it a secret, since I knew just what brands and exactly what he was looking at. Oh well, that way, he'll get the one he wants. Thanks for everyones opinions. It really matters to me!!!

texasgirl said:
LOL, I'm still in a dilemna. DH is going to have to decide. I wanted to keep it a secret, since I knew just what brands and exactly what he was looking at. Oh well, that way, he'll get the one he wants. Thanks for everyones opinions. It really matters to me!!!
Could you get a friend of his to subtly feel him out to see which he would prefer?

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom