"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #31
Executive Chef

Blessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
In the kitchen all is not lost, when my kids were little I made them call Relatives and say Thank You for cards etc. Now they are 15 & 18 The last time They got something in the mail I mentioned that the needed to call whoever and they had already made the call, hooray for them!!!!
mikki, thank you for bringing sunshine and hope into my early morning. This is so encouraging to read your comments and know that what you hoped they would hear and do, they are showing you they have heard your instructions. So often we say things over and over, and over and over again, with the consistent thought that they will listen. Well, they surely have. You can feel blessed as this is truly a definite sign and gift to you that the seeds you have sown are growing. It is wonderful to receive this confirmation especially at this time of year. I thank you so much for sharing and bringing hope into my day. May your life continue to bring you the joy and love from all your efforts. It is such a blessing.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #32
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Your Welcome. I'm definately a proud mama most of the time. My picture is of my two darlings last June ,oldest is now away at college and I miss her not being here.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:27 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
Your Welcome. I'm definately a proud mama most of the time. My picture is of my two darlings last June ,oldest is now away at college and I miss her not being here.
I am sure she misses you too. Way to go!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Kind and supportive words to my ears.
Thanks to all of you who spoke to me about this.
Very nice way to awaken this morning, and as I wrote to a friend, I slept well.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #35
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Miss Lefse.....Ya done good!!
What Uncle Bob said!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Bravo, LEFSE. You've placed the first brick in a golden road ahead.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Bravo, LEFSE. You've placed the first brick in a golden road ahead.
I did Katie, and you know they say, Silence IS golden. Sometimes a good spirt, kind heart and loving gestures win over when all else fails.
For all of you that are into little prayers, please keep me in them for a while. I need all the help I can get.
I got a thank you note from her today in the mail. Thanking us for the baby's birthday presents. That was such a blessing, see, things are already looking up because GIG.

Enjoy the weekend........
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

You did it!!! Way to go Grammy You were sweet,kind, thoughtful and most of all loving to your grand children's mother.I bet she needed the love you gave, taking care of the girls, working, DH away and at Christmas time too. As far as I'm concerned, you just earned your wings.
hugs to YOU for all you do.
kades
Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #39
Master Chef

That is great news LEFSElover.... I read your post and had been thinking about your situation. I can not speak as a MIL, but as a DIL, I know that I have had trouble with my MIL for quite sometime and despite my efforts to try and have a relationship with her, I had pretty much given up on it.

I guess from my view point, I wished my MIL would call and speak to me, but she calls for her son and bypasses me as quickly as she can. Or at least use to.

It is not until here recently that we have been able to be around each other and enjoy each other's company. I guess time heals all wounds. Plus, so much time has gone by, I can't even remember why I was mad at her to begin with. She is the only parent figure I have left in my life and I know that I would love to have a relationship with her, someone I can talk to, share things with, go do things with. You kinda yearn for that as you grow older and realize that after how foolishly I have held onto grudges and hurt feelings.

I hope this is a new beginning to a wonderful relationship with your DIL... I really think it is important to understand each other as adults, to respect each other's concerns and beliefs, and to forgive the past.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Hope

Well, you surely can't write her off now. Must have gotten telepathy that we were all thinking of her and sent you a note. Good to hear. Prayers surely do help anytime and now is one of those times. Always pray that things will continue to get better and grow stronger but remember never to expect her to be exactly the way we all would want her to be. Just so she is good to you son is more important than anything. He is the main reason while all of this is going on. I wish you and your family bright days ahead. Thanks for giving us the good news. Feel relieved.