I Need Some Computer Knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I want to digitize my vinyl and cassettes into iTunes where I have already loaded CDs so I can listen to them in the car (via USB flash drive) and maybe some day into an iPod.

I found software online and all I needed was a cable that connected the turntable or cassette player to the computer via the AUDIO IN port. The problem is, my MacBook Pro doesn't have an AUDIO IN port. I guess that's normal for most laptops.

Is there another way I can get this done? What about connecting the turntable/cassette deck via a USB port? Is there a connector cable that does that/will that even work?

I'd really appreciate any help. I have a good deal of great analog music I really miss.

Last edited:
Weird that there wouldn't be a microphone jack, is this an apple thing? Mine has a microphone (not a mac), but the option to connect your own headset or microphone if you want to.

Weird that there wouldn't be a microphone jack, is this an apple thing? Mine has a microphone (not a mac), but the option to connect your own headset or microphone if you want to.

I have a headphone jack but no mic. From my reading, it not unusual for a laptop to not have a mic jack.

There is a little device I got on a coupon website. It looks like this. It can do VHS to digital and audio too. It was under $20 including shipping.

I figure if I can digitize all the music I have that I care about, I can listen to it everywhere. I can plug an iPod or flash drive into my car for endless music. If I buy an iPod and a doodad, I can play it all at home too.

I have an adapter thingy for my iPod in the car. Love it. I like the radio for the news on the drive to work, but for a long drive nothing beats your own music.

I have an adapter thingy for my iPod in the car. Love it. I like the radio for the news on the drive to work, but for a long drive nothing beats your own music.

Exactly, and you have music to suit your every mood.

My car radio connects to my phone and launches Pandora automatically, and I can control from the radio buttons. I can also play whatever is on my phone. I have the USB option too. I'm spoiled never having to use regular radio!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom