"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
Cook

I need some menu help, and stuff

I hope this is the right place to put this and I hope what I am asking is OK to ask for. I'm in the throws of opening a restaurant and wine bar. I have four menus that are sufficiently done that it's almost time to get together a focus group, which I could do locally and probably will do locally but I thought I would just throw it out here and see whether any of the good people at DC might be interested or find it interesting to help us along a bit over the next month or so.

It would take up a good few hours of your time and I am not looking for any specific experience other than people that like to eat out. We're looking for everything from general first impressions through to very specific comments - that sounds horrible, I'd have the pheasant except ....., I'd have thought rice as the starch for that protein would be better than what we have, I haven't heard of half of that stuff how do you expect me to order something - literally anything.

We'll have very specific questions at some point we'd like very specific answers to as well. And I'd expect to do this in email or a private forum rather than an open forum given the nature of what it is.

Anyway, if anyone thinks they have the time to help us out a bit and that along the way it might be some fun to learn how chaotic doing what we are is or that they might learn something of interest to them along the way, I'd be very happy if you'd PM me.

I'm happy to share whatever we can with anyone that's interested, so if there's any thoughts out there about that, please do let me know. I hear my #2 is already planning on starting a blog shortly so she can no doubt look back and say I told you so several months from now about some stuff!

Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
ChefScotty... I'd be glad to help out.
I've got lots of time on my hands these days.
Just let me know...what ya need.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I'm game!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Count me in as well.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Count me in too
Old 08-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Scotty, I'd be happy to be involved in the project, also.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:04 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm in.

we used to eat dinner out 3 or 4 times a week, and lunch everyday.
now, awaiting the age that my son is old enough to be taken out successfully, we still order out from restaurants about that much. maybe more, lol.

free time and opinions are not a problem either. witty responses are extra, tho.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:44 AM   #8
Senior Cook

Count me in as well Scotty! (And probably June, Jean and Jen as soon as they get back from their little get together. Just wish I could have taken the time off to meet up with them. )
Old 08-14-2006, 02:49 AM   #9
Head Chef

Do you have to live in the US? If you need an international perspective I'd love to help.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:59 PM   #10
Cook

Thanks for the offers of help already and to those that PM'd too. I love this place, I've been here a few weeks and not even a hint of people not getting on with each other. That's a rare and special thing on the web these days. Mrsmac - you're fine, we love antipodeans, especially those from the land that invented pavlova.

I think we've figured out an easy way to do this using a blog where registration isn't even required. We'll get started on it this afternoon and I'll PM everyone when we're done.

Anyone else that wants to jump in over the next week or two is more than welcome, there'll just be a bit to read.