I need the word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
You know how there are just lovable guys and gals that are a bit off, but in a harmless way; not mentally weak in any way, they just do or say things a bit differently than most people. There is a word to describe that kind of person. You could say weird and be accurate. Weird is not flattering though. This word makes the oddities seem like something lovable.

Can anyone help me out here. It's right on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't seem to catch it as it flies through my brain at mach-6.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Everyone is someone's weirdo. I hope to be that for someone. I have those weirdo's, I am someone's weirdo. Eccentric is something too....

we are all loveable.

I, too, go with eccentric. My husband is a retired Army officer. Some in town have taken to calling him the Colonel. I actually think it is a sign of respect. But husband likes to think of himself as a town character. He said he always wanted to be eccentric when he gets old. Anyway, people should be individuals and if you have a friend who is slightly off center, go with the flow.

The late Celestine Sibley, an author and newspaperwoman in Atlanta, wrote of some of her relatives as being "turned funny." Her book of that title is entertaining -- an aunt of hers insisted on riding in the back seat of the car, always turned to look out the back window. I read the book quite a few years ago but I think this is where she got the term for her odd folks. She loved them all.

People that know me describe me as rather odd and eccentric, even in real life.

I believe that it's in the DC entrance requirements, written in granite and stored in the Alpha Ogre cave for protection, and guarded by Cerberus just in case said ogre is sleeping.

I know I'm not the only eccentric character on this site. In fact, as far as eccentricity is concerned, I believe I'm about the middle of the pack, or maybe two steps ahead of the middle. But there are those that are a mile ahead of me.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Whew. Thought I was the only one. Glad to know there are 2 of us, CW!

CWS4322 said:
No kidding! PF is another one who is absolutely normal, no eccentricities or weirdo behaviours there.:LOL:

Of course. Ya know, maybe there are a few more of us normals here.

Attachments

• abnormal.png
    abnormal.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom