I need your prayers again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)TG,maybe she should get a second opinion and also try Planned Parenthood they may be able to help her.I know there has to be a doctor there that will take her case do some research on who is available.That is a serious dilemma for her.This should not happen in the United States. I thought that even if you dont have insurance as long as you can pay somehow you could get treatment.

I just lost my wife to ALS a week ago and I know how hard it is for some to be a care giver be strong and my prayers go out for you. You will get a lot of support here on DC

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. If she is in Texas, she should contact M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. It is one of the 7 major cancer research centers in the country and receives a great deal of federal monies. I know positively that they will treat Texas residents without regard for ability to pay. They have a web-site where you can begin the self-referral process. They also have among the highest cure rates in the country. If she doesn't live in Texas, she needs to search for the closest cancer research hospital hospital to her. She will not be turned away. PM me if you need more info.
Terry

Prayers and support

texas, just from the time I have 'known' you on DC, you are a strong person.You are in your niece's life for a reason. I think for the support to her during this time and encourage her with all the love you can share. Love is a great healer and I can vouch for that firsthand as I observed so many acquaintances who seemed hopeless, at the end, and having love come into their life made huge difference. Prayer of course is a necessity and we all will be praying for you and your niece and family. Prayer is the main ingredient, like making a sandwich with prayer being in the middle w/love surrounding it.

If I could only ask if your niece is a believer in the power of prayer? God makes a need to bring us to our knees. Why things happen to good people? Why did the Son of God, who was without sin, die for us? I have used the bible as my example of life. The Lord dying for me, is the way we have to be. Knowing that all things work together for our good. We must continually try to do what is right not for reward but repayment for what was once given up for us. Since this is such a heavy burden on your heart, texas, I am opening my heart to you to assure you that we are all part of His plan. After all, He put us here! He is the One who decides when He wants to take us. The way we live our lives, is our appreciation to Him for what has already been done for us. Your niece is never alone. He will carry through this and I ask that you keep your faith as you have in the past with all the other trials you have gone through. I admire you, texas. I ask for His grace to continue to help you through the days ahead. Tell your niece I love her, know that she has an aunt who is going to help her make it. As others have said, there has been great progress in overcoming this disease. I pray that you will lean on Him always.

This is my belief. No offense to anyone.

Wow, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!! A friend of a friend that is a nurse also told me to get with Planned parenthood. I will tell her. I have gone onto MD Anderson and am going to tell her about that.
ITK, don't appologize. If it were a thread in it's own, some may consider it religion and get rid of it, but, you addressed me and I appreciate it. There are times that any of what you say are very hard to believe. I had a very hard time with God when my mom died. I abused him terribly. I still have lots of questions as we all do, but, I pray to him almost daily now.

I just lost my wife to ALS a week ago and I know how hard it is for some to be a care giver be strong and my prayers go out for you. You will get a lot of support here on DC
Dave, I'm so very sorry on your loss. I don't remember seeing this. Please accept my deepest and sincerest condolences!

ON My MInd

texas, you are so on my mind and I would hope that you would keep us all informed about what is happening. In other words, I want God to hear my prayers that He should help you! When I pray for someone with such a magnitude of importance, I am constantly praying during the day. My mind always comes back to you. I have never met you in person, but I feel you need support anyway we can provide it. This is really a test of patience on our part. Be still, KNOW that I AM GOD! Hard to do. Love you texas. Praying that God is near at this critical time. I KNOW you pray. It has to be your niece that asks for help too. Please don't take anything I say in a hurtful way. I open myself and say things that are deep in my heart. May God be with you and your family. Stay in touch, texas.

She got an appointment for Oct. 24 at Texas Oncology. I think it is a consultation to see what they need to do and what she needs to expect with the surgery. Keep your prayers coming that it hasn't spread too much and the surgery is all she will need. The prayers worked on getting her the appointment. Thank you!!

I am really sorry to hear that about your niece. I don't know if anyone else mentioned this yet or not, but has she had a second opinion or been retested? Like anything else out there, mistakes are common. I think before any treatments, surgeries, etc, and for peace of mind a second opinion is necessary. This is my personal opinion due to my own experiences with the medical profession.

Important

The prayers worked on getting her the appointment. Thank you!!

This is good news. Someone is going to check and see and we are praying that this someone will be a God fearing man who will give her the direction she needs. Whatever is done for her we are grateful and will continue to keep her in my prayers and you too. So wonderful you are there to let her know you care. Keep in touch.

I am really sorry to hear that about your niece. I don't know if anyone else mentioned this yet or not, but has she had a second opinion or been retested? Like anything else out there, mistakes are common. I think before any treatments, surgeries, etc, and for peace of mind a second opinion is necessary. This is my personal opinion due to my own experiences with the medical profession.

She had 2 paps 3 months apart and a cone biopsy.

Oh, Texasgirl,

My heart goes out to your neice and family. I had two pap smears 3 months apart and then a cone biopsy as well and luckily everything that was suspicious was removed. I was 30 at the time. They never found any cancer but I had been having regular pap smears since the age of 20 as my mother had died of breast cancer at age 30. Had your cousin been having annual pap smears if I may ask? My oby/gyn at the time told me that he had never had a patient in his 20 year practice who was having yearly pap smears ever be diagnosed with cervical cancer. But that was nearly 20 years ago and I still have yearly paps as well as mams. I know from experience with others that it is a very painful cancer to have and I hope and pray that all goes well with her and that they have treatments that can help her.

texas

how are you doing texas? I am thinking and praying for all of you everyday. Maybe that is why the appointment isn't sooner, so we get all 'prayed up'. If there ever is such a time? Please keep in touch so we know you are okay.

tg, my prayers are with you and yours.

just a thought: could she get in touch with a local tv station and use their consumer advocate to "shame" some medical facility into helping her? especially since she has some funds available.

Oh, Texasgirl,

My heart goes out to your neice and family. I had two pap smears 3 months apart and then a cone biopsy as well and luckily everything that was suspicious was removed. I was 30 at the time. They never found any cancer but I had been having regular pap smears since the age of 20 as my mother had died of breast cancer at age 30. Had your cousin been having annual pap smears if I may ask? My oby/gyn at the time told me that he had never had a patient in his 20 year practice who was having yearly pap smears ever be diagnosed with cervical cancer. But that was nearly 20 years ago and I still have yearly paps as well as mams. I know from experience with others that it is a very painful cancer to have and I hope and pray that all goes well with her and that they have treatments that can help her.

My niece is VERY good at her medical and dental checkups. She always took very good care of her health because she has 3 young kiddos. She doesn't smoke, never took drugs and drinks very little and that is only on occasion. I hope that it hasn't spread too far, but, we won't know until she has her surgery. Her last one had to have been a false negative or it's growing that fast and I just don't want to think about that!!

tg, my prayers are with you and yours.

just a thought: could she get in touch with a local tv station and use their consumer advocate to "shame" some medical facility into helping her? especially since she has some funds available.

Thankfully, she found one that is taking her. I did email one of our local tv stations and talked with the reporter that does the medical reports and he did ask if she would be a part of a story about cancer patients not able to afford the treatments. She is thinking about it.

Thank you ALL for your prayers. It helps so much to know that people care!!

What about the huntsman cancer center at the U of U in utah. Its just 10 minutes form me. It would require travel but hey they could help. i can get the phone numbers for you. My mom was a nurse at the U of U

Back
Top Bottom