"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
We were always relegated to the back of the building behind the trash cans...now I can go sit in the Rose Garden in front of the Admins office

It takes 3 minutes to walk all around the building...if I include the hospital, it should make it 10 minutes...I can do that in a 15 minute break time.
That will be nice, especially not having to hang out among the trash cans anymore!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #32
Chief Eating Officer

I tried to quit numerous times before I was successful. The time I finally quit it was all about my mental attitude. I told myself I was done and another cig would never touch my lips under any circumstance no matter what. I smoked my last butt and then never looked back. It was not easy and still is not. To this day I still get cravings all though no where near as sharp as they used to be.

I noticed your language when you talk about quitting. You say you "I quit" and "I am quitting". You do not say you are going to try to quit. To me that sounds like someone who has really made the decision they are done. I think you will be able to do it. You seem to have the correct attitude about it and that, IMO, is the most important thing. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #33
Half Baked

I am 8 years+ now without. It gets easier pretty fast!

I just kept telling myself I was tougher than a stupid cig.I went cold turkey at a Halloween party at someones mansion and just kept the ball rollin.

Once you go a month you will forget about it most of the time.
Be tough! I know you are tougher than a stupid cig!

You will also start to feel better right away.I can promise you thet!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #34
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I tried to quit numerous times before I was successful. The time I finally quit it was all about my mental attitude. I told myself I was done and another cig would never touch my lips under any circumstance no matter what. I smoked my last butt and then never looked back. It was not easy and still is not. To this day I still get cravings all though no where near as sharp as they used to be.

I noticed your language when you talk about quitting. You say you "I quit" and "I am quitting". You do not say you are going to try to quit. To me that sounds like someone who has really made the decision they are done. I think you will be able to do it. You seem to have the correct attitude about it and that, IMO, is the most important thing. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!
I've seen my Dad reach for his left sirt pocket, even after 30 years he still keeps toothpicks there. He does have a fairly keen toothpick habit

Still doing good...Just finished dinner. On the the next thing to do. I have managed to eat three meals today...I usually only have 2, even on the weekends.

Thanks for the encouragement, GB!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #35
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandthem View Post
I am 8 years+ now without. It gets easier pretty fast!

I just kept telling myself I was tougher than a stupid cig.I went cold turkey at a Halloween party at someones mansion and just kept the ball rollin.

Once you go a month you will forget about it most of the time.
Be tough! I know you are tougher than a stupid cig!

You will also start to feel better right away.I can promise you thet!

Right now, I seem to have a sinus infection brewing...but I noticed it before I quit. I spent the entire time in the car this afternoon thinking about the times I had tried to quit and what seemed to trip me up...and then I realized I was obsessing over NOT having a cigarette. I changed my train of thought right then. Just another way to get me to stress over it.

Brains are tricky creatures. I'm waiting for my first check in phone call tonight with Chantix, this is the part I hate...having to "talk" to someone about it. I don't mind the daily e-mails, but I really hate to talk on the phone. I'm ditching them as soon as possible.

Thanks for the support!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #36
Head Chef

I wish you the best of luck with this.

I have battled the nicotine demon for years. I'll bet I have "quit" 15 times over the years. Once for almost 3 years. I hate it, yet it is incredibly compelling. Having someone around you who smokes will always be the biggest challenge.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #37
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmax View Post
I wish you the best of luck with this.

I have battled the nicotine demon for years. I'll bet I have "quit" 15 times over the years. Once for almost 3 years. I hate it, yet it is incredibly compelling. Having someone around you who smokes will always be the biggest challenge.

Thanks qmax! Shrek smokes, but he's been pretty good about going in the office or I just go out to the kitchen.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #38
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Didn't sleep well. My sinuses are wrecking havoc. And my blood pressure is way up. However, that being said, I still don't want a cigarette and I'm still calm, I think...unless I'm manufacturing a panic attack.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #39
Chief Eating Officer

You ae doing GREAT PF!!! You will be past the hardest part before you know it. Keep up the great work. It is paying off.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #40
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
You ae doing GREAT PF!!! You will be past the hardest part before you know it. Keep up the great work. It is paying off.
Thanks GB!