I Quit!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, It happened on the 9th...scared the heck out of Shrek and made me rethink a few things. I let the Admins and Mods know in case I disappeared for a bit. But, I didn't have to do that and I truly am doing great!

Kinda wanted to wait until it wasn't freaking me out before I talked about it at large. I've amazed many people with my quick recovery...I just hate being sick:LOL: Thanks, Kayelle!

Princess,

I'd nag ya but I know your not in the mood. Having my own in May I know what you mean about " Freaking out"

I had just turned 43. It shocked a lot of people. Especially me. I wasn't lucky enough for the stent, I had to go the other route. I've been reading up on how your doing with the smokes. I have quit myself. I'm down to 5 smokes a day from a pack a day on my own.

It's just not worth it to me to be on 8 medications, and the out of pocket money they cost. I'm talking well over $200.00 a month.

So now that you've inspired me a little more to quit. I'll be asking my Cardiologist about the medication.

You take care of yourself!!
We need you around here.. I'm glad your ok and back here with all of us.

Munky.

Princess,

I'd nag ya but I know your not in the mood. Having my own in May I know what you mean about " Freaking out"

I had just turned 43. It shocked a lot of people. Especially me. I wasn't lucky enough for the stent, I had to go the other route. I've been reading up on how your doing with the smokes. I have quit myself. I'm down to 5 smokes a day from a pack a day on my own.

It's just not worth it to me to be on 8 medications, and the out of pocket money they cost. I'm talking well over $200.00 a month.

So now that you've inspired me a little more to quit. I'll be asking my Cardiologist about the medication.

You take care of yourself!!
We need you around here.. I'm glad your ok and back here with all of us.

Munky.

Yikees, Munky! I didn't know about yours...way too young! I found out the other day my Grandfather was 53 when the heart attack he had, killed him. Heart disease runs in both sides of my family, I'm just the lucky schmuck in this generation. Everyone else is fine, no hypertension or anything.

I am glad to be an inspiration, if any part of my being can be used as an example (good or bad) I'm all for it.

Excuse me now...I picked up another bad habit to replace the one I gave up...robbing banks!:LOL:

72 Days

No smoking for 72 days. This is getting to be a habit.:)

Having a tough time with the diet restrictions, though!

Way to go Princess!

I've been inspired by you too. I'm down to 8-9 cigarettes / day from 34 / day. I had a checkup last week and talked to my doctor about it. She wants me to try going cold turkey. But, she gave me a prescription for Champix in case cold turkey doesn't work. She agrees that I should do this in May, after tax season. She told me to give the pharmacy the prescription now and tell them just to register it, so I won't lose it ;)

Congrats PF!! Good job. I knew you could do it.

BTW It will be 2 years without a cig on june 14.

PF and MsM, I am so proud of both of you. I do know how tough this is and you are both dealing with other things as well. Keep up the good work!

Way to go Princess!

I've been inspired by you too. I'm down to 8-9 cigarettes / day from 34 / day. I had a checkup last week and talked to my doctor about it. She wants me to try going cold turkey. But, she gave me a prescription for Champix in case cold turkey doesn't work. She agrees that I should do this in May, after tax season. She told me to give the pharmacy the prescription now and tell them just to register it, so I won't lose it ;)

Yay! Inspiration or bad Example...as long as I make an impression:LOL:

So glad you have decided to take this step. I'm here for you if you need any support.:)

Congrats PF!! Good job. I knew you could do it.

BTW It will be 2 years without a cig on june 14.

I hope to be saying the same thing MsM! Good for you!

Shrek has been smoke free for 61 days, he's having a tougher time of it.

Tonight is the first time I have seen this thread, I read it all the way through. So inspiring! I'm glad that Shrek joined you on quitting Fiona for his sake and yours. Kudos to you both, I know from experience that quitting smoking is one of hardest things life can throw at you. It's amazing how much healthier you begin to feel. I'm so sorry you had to experience that heart attack, kinda "stinky" after having already started your non-smoking journey! Best wishes for continued success and wellbeing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

PF it's been 3-1/2 years now for me.When my kidneys failed my daughter asked me what to do with my cigarettes and lighter, I had her thow them away and my husband talked to the doctor and gave me patches.
Thye really helped and I've been smoke free since the start of 08I still have moments but am never feeling like I want to buy cigarettes at all. I offer you peace and the resolution to stay smoke free. If I can give it up I know you can as well. Best of luck from one who is glad to be smoke free to you who are trying to be.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom