I Quit!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen my Dad reach for his left sirt pocket, even after 30 years he still keeps toothpicks there. He does have a fairly keen toothpick habit:)

Still doing good...Just finished dinner. On the the next thing to do. I have managed to eat three meals today...I usually only have 2, even on the weekends.:)

Thanks for the encouragement, GB!

I like that toothpick idea. It has to beat candies, and chewing gum doesn't work for me because we are nto allowed gum at work. I'll remmeber that one.

Good for you, PF! I'm proud of you. When my mother quit, it was hard for her. Like you, she loves to spend money, so she calculated how much she would save in a year, and decided to use that money to treat herself if she made it (which she did!)

At 7 bucks a pack, and this being a leap year, so 366 days, in a year, you should save $2562.00!

Good motivation!

I quit too. It will be 4 years come October 13th.
I tried everything under the sun too. Then my doctor prescribed Chantix.
That is one wonder drug! Taking that I didn't even want an alcoholic drink when we went out to dinner! I had cravings at first too and you can smoke with them the first few days or so. Then you get to that point where they start tasting not so good and then more on to ICK! Don't worry about not finding things to do with your hands.
It isn't long before you forget about it anyway. Just once in a while now I still get a bit of a crave but it passes quickly. I go into a smoke filled room and I choke big time!
Good luck with your stopping!

Thank you, everyone! Still doing well with the smoking, not even a single craving today.

We got your back, Fiona!
I know I'm there, both supporting and following closely.
Kudos to Shrek, too; I'm sure it's hard for him as well.

*a hug for each day without*

He's getting closer to deciding to take the Chantix. And very tolerant of my walking away when he lights up.

Good luck! I will be starting the process the end of the month. (Didn't want to make it a New Years thing)

The past week I have found more activities with the kids helps cut back (I do not smoke around them) video games, movies and cleaning also helped. I am getting there, hope to be where you are by the end of the month!

Good luck! I will be starting the process the end of the month. (Didn't want to make it a New Years thing)

The past week I have found more activities with the kids helps cut back (I do not smoke around them) video games, movies and cleaning also helped. I am getting there, hope to be where you are by the end of the month!

I understand about the New year's thing. My Doc ordered it on the 28th, an appointment I had for three months. the pharmacy played pussyfoot with the Doc and insurance company, finally by Friday I asked our Facility Pharmacist what I could do about it. She had my prescription filled in 15 minutes and I started the next day...New Year's Day.

This is NOT a New Years Resolution...it's a Life Resolution and Change.

Just in time, too...I spent the day in the hospital.

Didn't sleep well. My sinuses are wrecking havoc. And my blood pressure is way up. However, that being said, I still don't want a cigarette and I'm still calm, I think...unless I'm manufacturing a panic attack.

Please be careful with the blood pressure.
If you normally have a problem with it that may be OK but if it isn't normal for you please call your doctor and report it.
I know I am new here and don't know any of you but for your own sake please keep an eye on it or report it.:)

Please be careful with the blood pressure.
If you normally have a problem with it that may be OK but if it isn't normal for you please call your doctor and report it.
I know I am new here and don't know any of you but for your own sake please keep an eye on it or report it.:)

Thanks for your concern and advice. I do have high blood pressure and it was abnormal for me. Actually, I am an RN, but I appreciate your concern.
The problem with my blood pressure won't be happening again.

Day three...still no cravings, no urges.

You have my support, Fiona. I haven't had a cigarette in more than 35 years, BUT I can attest that for close to 20 years after I quit, I still had powerful triggers that made me think about lighting up again. Thank goodness I didn't do that.

One "incentive" that worked for me was to put into a piggy bank DAILY the amouht of money I would have spent on cigarettes. It wasn't long before I had money for a trip, dinners out, new shoes, all manner of things that were previously not in my budget.

Just remember to take one day at a time, and not to beat yourself up when you fall off the wagon. Just climb right back on. Your health will improve, and that, hopefully, is a powerful incentive. :)

Back
Top Bottom