I remember...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so true.......conjuring up a happy memory really does work when you're trying to relax esp. in a doctor's office...........the last few times I've gone to the doctors' offices and my blood pressure has been normal on the first reading.......I just breathe and put myself in my grandma's backyard with her flowers and she's holding my hand........it really works............

I remember....

When I used to like my job
when they used to treat us with some respect
When I would get a call for OT
when I had less worries in my life
When I first met my wife

I rememeber the first time Paul said "I LOVE YOU"
I remember the way my heart almost stopped. Maybe, it did.
I remember the FEAR, the JOY and the PAIN those words all brought at the same time.
I remember wanting to run and hide, I remember wanting to grab on, hold tight and never let go. I remember loving him back but not being able to say so.
I remember the single tear that slid down my face and on to the pillow.
I remember him saying "it'll be ok" and and smiling and understanding and being right.

i know that i am less scared about break-in and am really angry. my space was violated.
i know it is a beautiful fall day.
i know it is almost time to bake
i know i need to work in yard.
i know i am grateful to all here for their concern and good wishes.:cool:

I remember going to my Great Grandparents house when I was little. I can still see the layout of the house too, lol. I think I was 3 the last time we went. I remember taking a nap on Easter and waking up to hear voices and looked over to see my momma standing at the window talking to the Easter Bunny!! That is all I remember of that day and after years of thinking it was my step dad, my aunt told me that it was my daddy!! lol, the only memory of my daddy and I didn't see his face, lol

I remember......my son at age 5 describing a headache as a brain-ache and pointing to his scrapped knee capps at the same time. I'm currently reminded of joyious memories and tears are uncontrollably streaming down my face, ...No it's not menopause Just I can smell my Mums cooking and hear her voice calling to me, where are you? come and try this... in her broken English call your boys in from outside and tell them to come and eat, she would say... and it's has been 7yrs without her to call upon. I can now create the same cooking smells but not her voice or her beautiful expressions. I look for these in my children and sometimes catch a glimpse of her looking back at me in my mirror, and when I do it fills me with inner strength to carry on with the most menial or difficult of tasks ahead of me.... I remember her devoted compassionate love for her family, and I miss the prickly pears she had a great knack of peeling at easter time and we would scoff them down like children eat chocolate eggs today. I remember her like she said I always would... as much as she thought of her own mother each day too...before and after her passing.

I remember asking my husband and kids, years ago, a few questions just to test their knowledge. "what's my favorite smell on earth?" "if I am in prison and going to the chair tomorrow, what do I want for dinner tonight?" < I know, it's macabre and don't go putting any thought in to 'anything' regarding that. Their answers on both accounts were correct. About dinner they all knew. About smell................"horse manure on a rainy day"....they got it right, go figure........ ^^^so sad eh?^^^

I remember clearly the day I graduated from culinary school. Because my arthritis was diagnosed half way through, I cracked a rib and ended up doing my final exams with pneumonia, there was a good chance I wouldn't pass. But I was just happy that I had completed the very intensive program under all those pressures. I called my graduation day my completion day because I didn't want to get my hopes up and was satisfied with that. We didn't find out our marks until we were handed a brown envelope by our chef instructors in front of friends and family.

I had brought my hubby, Dad and best friend (my sister had car trouble and couldn't make it), and the one thing I had wanted to do all my life was make my father proud. Well, when I opened my envelope I saw "This is to certify that ______ has completed..." I was content. Until a fellow student pointed to the big word at the top and said "Laurie, that IS a diploma you know!"

Well, I started to cry tears of joy and made my way over to the direction of my family. DH turned around and I mouthed the words "I passed" and he told the others. The all turned around with tears of joy in their eyes. When I was finally able to go see them when it was done, my Dad hadn't stopped crying. He grabbed me and hugged me and for the first time in my 47 years said "I am so proud of you". That was worth every minute of it! My only regret was that my mother wasn't there to be part of it because she gave me my love of cooking.

Waldeneffect posted about nutcrackers the other day..
he made remember...

a warm summers day in Greece a few years back spent sitting in the neighbors drive way with the old yaya. She's in her 80's and doesn't speak a word of English. A beautiful person inside and out. Works her butt off day and night. Her chore for the day... to crack all the nuts and there were a LOT of them. The only tool she had... a rock. We didn't have a cracker of any kind either but we did have a hammer. I went to our house and got that . We spent the rest of the day trading that rock and hammer back and forth smashing nuts. We both talked up a storm. We both had sore blistery hands. We both had a great time and I felt like I'd done something wonderful. It's something that I'll never forget.

I may have mentioned awhile back that some good friends had their house burn down and lost absolutely everything. This was after a year of the wife battling cancer. The house burned down on a Friday and on the following monday she found out she was cancer free. They also were blessed with the use of a house, fully furnished, for as long as they need it.

Someone suggested trying to piece together their photo albums and since I did grad slide shows of two of their four children I agreed to find and print those pictures. This got me going through all my disks of pictures either I had taken or others had given me over the years (I was videographer at our church for many years). What wonderful memories not only of this family but of others who have come and gone, people who have passed away, kids who have grown up, seeing friends with different hair styles, etc. This has become a real labour of love and a beautiful reminder of the wonderful community I have found myself part of. Each and every picture has brought an "I remember....."

I remember two years ago my husband and I were discussing our upcoming vacation time and what we'd do. We thought of a few things, nothing major special. Then it approached rapidly and we talked of it some more. It was now a few days away and I asked him what he wanted to do where he wanted to go. He said, "well honey, the first thing we're gonna do on our vacation is go to Minneapolis and spend a few days with Craig. You two can be together and then we'll figure out what to do from there."

Craig and I were fast high school buds. I dated his brother but he and I were truly friends forever. DH and him were acquaintances but DH wasn't [then] very happy about that brother of his and me dating, so...............

Anyway, Craig was dying of cancer and my darling knew that I wanted to go see him, one last time and say goodbye. He didn't even ask, he just said that's the first thing we're doing on our vacation. I found that to be so special and so unselfish of him and also so trusting and understanding of me. It could have gone either way if you understand..........

i am remembering the election scene in 1960, very exciting as it is now. the mood in the country was electric. hope and good things were expected to result from Kennedy's election. no one had a clue, it would end in so badly. lordy i am old. lol

i am remembering the election scene in 1960, very exciting as it is now. the mood in the country was electric. hope and good things were expected to result from Kennedy's election. no one had a clue, it would end in so badly. lordy i am old. lol
That's exactly what I was thinking myself, Babe. This election reminds me of the 60's and early 70's. American youth were mobilized and active in social and political change. They were current and passionate about domestic as well as world issues. I remember feeling so intense about the Vietnam War and Civil Rights and Women's Rights and Civil Liberties. And we brought about a lot of change, didn't we! That's why I'm so excited to see so many young voters going to the polls.

I remember a year ago today I was planning legogirls's 2nd bday party, back when she was only known as Christina....
and not sure how to make the sauce....
So I stumbled upon this place....
And found the most wonderful group of strangers ever, some of whom I can certainly now call friends...(although they are still a little strange... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom