I remember...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i remember this time thirteen years ago. our family was so excited to celebrate the holidays . for the first time in many years, out entire family was going to be together.

we had no clue that our beloved dad and husband would be leaving us in jan.

sorry, Babetoo,.......I know that must really hurt esp. during holiday gatherings.......don't forget to include him in your thoughts if it's still too difficult to do it in toasts........he's there with you..........I promise........it's my belief, I know.........but he's there.................

I remember a year ago today I was planning legogirls's 2nd bday party, back when she was only known as Christina....
and not sure how to make the sauce....
So I stumbled upon this place....
And found the most wonderful group of strangers ever, some of whom I can certainly now call friends...(although they are still a little strange... :)

who me..? Do you really think so?
why do you think that?
Can you tell me? What did I do?

lol.. leave for a few days and your friends turn on ya! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

who me..? Do you really think so?
why do you think that?
Can you tell me? What did I do?

lol.. leave for a few days and your friends turn on ya! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Boy, I remember you clearly, SQ!!! (I can't help but add a few more letters mentally but won't) I remember advising you to take Christine to a Doc...........cause I was scared that she was going to inhale that lego from her nose into her trachea which was very possible......of course Christine has become legendary on DC and you've been a lot of fun and a great sport in taking all the teasing.........I still remember her photo........she looked like a pistol........bet she looks just like you..........anywho we all make the world go round and round in different ways don't we......DC Land Before Time love.........debs.............:):):)

I remember she dropped her girls off with us Saturday night to stay with us.
I remember she had just started to come out of a very dark place after her Dad and Gramma died that June.
I remember how happy and proud she was of her former step-brother to be graduating basic training.
I remember she was on her way to South Carolina to see him do just that.
I remember she rubbed my big pregnant belly swearing one more time I was having a girl ( I didn't).
I remember DH was crabby.... so she licked his face. :)
I remember she walked out my door and said I love you to her girls.
I remember bringing her girls to thier other gramma's house Sunday morning.
I remember it was snowing.... and changed to sleet.
I remember we got back home and were going to go shopping.
I remember the look on my husband's face when the hospital called about his sister......
I remember crumbling to my feet.
I remember listening to him tell his mother that his sister was suddenly gone....
I remember going to his mother's house later that night and the bacon she had been cooking when he called was still on the stove.
I'm really sorry guys, it's been 5 years today, and I really really miss her.
Thanks for listening.

Thanks Trish.
Now I get to go to work later and give her mom a BIG FAT HUG.

Thanks Trish.
Now I get to go to work later and give her mom a BIG FAT HUG.

Why do people that we love us leave "before their time"? Who knows........it's not right that someone so young and vibrant and loved by all should leave so young and leave young children behind..........at least you are there for her children........I don't know what I would have done without my loving aunts when I lost my mother to cancer at age 9........they were such great role models.........I know that you will be, too..........hugs, debs

I don't remember how I spent all my time before I found DC
Did I read, Did I clean more, Did I cook more?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom