I remember...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I think it's a good thing to tap into your memory at times when you need a lift or want to reminisce, bring back good thoughts or remember some that had a role in shaping who you are. For this girl, I love and cherish memories as they're often times, smile makers, while other times, gives you a good foothold in what's troubling you. Either way, post them, whatever they are, permitted types of course, as some we won't probably want to bring to the mix here.

I remember, being a little girl of 6 and riding my horse to school. I remember taking her or him, pieces of the lunch that I'd prepared for myself. I remember riding home, watching TV for awhile, no one home, then getting on my horse and going to my ''Brownie/Bluebird/Girl Scout'' girlfriends house to visit her family. Such nice people, the whole family was nice and peaceful and genteel. I didn't think it odd that they were on the TV show I'd just watched either.
That TV show was the Roy Rogers and Dale Evans show.

I remember the first time I saw my husband... I remember the birthday party we were at for his girlfriend, my good friend. I remember how every one there except Paul and I were very "Seattle style" black leather jackets, black leather boots, jeans, tight tee-shirts. I was wearing a skirt and Paul a sweater and jeans... I remember how we spent the whole night talking, I remember thinking, " he's listening to me!!!" I remember thinking that we really didn't fit in with the rest of the group. Most of all I remember going to bed that night thinking that my friend had met the most perfect man for ME.

My favorite childhood memory is riding my horse, everywhere! To the store and on the way collecting glass soda bottles for the nickle deposits and buying a whole bag of penny candy. I use to barrel race him and after I was done practicing I would take the saddle off and ride bareback to the nieghborhood lake and take him swimming to cool him off. He use to love sticking his head half way under the water and blow bubbles. That horse (Leo) was the best $250.00 my parents ever spent on me. He kept me out of trouble through my terrible teens. He and I were together for 26 years.

Oh my is all I can say to both of these posts.
Thanks for adding your personal stuff for us to read.
I love them both.

I remember riding to Spawns Ranch which became Charles Mansons' hangout with his disgusting buddies/cohorts. I remember the owners asking my friend Kathy and I to please help them out there and take people on their trail rides as they were short handed. We were 9 or 10. But we did. CM and his group were the scariest seeming people she and I had ever seen. We'd get there, put the nickle in the soda machine, grab our Orange soda, get on our horses and conduct the trail rides.

I remember a sweet girl I went to grade school with. She and I were best friends until her family moved a couple towns away in 7th grade. I heard today that she passed away...

She was 31 and made some bad choices in life.

I remember making up dance routines to Debbie Gibson and Madonna songs in her basement. I remember she collected clowns. I remember her bedspread looked like a zebra. I remember going to Smartie Artie's for pierogie pizza. I remember she tried to kiss my big brother in the tunnel at Chuckie Cheese's on my birthday. I remember she used to wear three different color scrunchies in her hair at one time. I remember she was a sweet girl. And bright. And always happy.

That's sad Jill. I"m glad you have some good things to remember about her.

I remember when there used to be an exit door where i worked

I remember when I had a 3 day work week

I remember some good things ive done in the past

I remember some things I would have done differently

I rmeember when me and my freind were transported to an alternate world that we are currently living in and are waiting to go back but we dont know if we will start at that point again or at this pointi n time but what we would have done.

I remember when my managment team knew what they were doing

Jill, that is a sweet story and I too, am sad for you that she's now gone.But see, I think the memory of her is a good one for you. She mattered.

I remember loving cotton candy and lemonade and hot dogs on a stick when our parents took us to POP.
Then my boyfriend [now husband] started taking me there.
The money he spent on those things for me just to make my heart sing, I loved him for that and still do. I wish it was still open because I would take our grands there and they'd be full of glee, but Pacific Ocean Park has long since been a thing of the past, rats...

I remember taking David on the corkscrew at knots Berry Park. I remember his tears and his sreaming at me when we got off ... " Didn't you hear me...I said I wanted to get OFF!!!"... I remember taking him again a few years later. I remember him loving the ride that time!! I remember his childhood hugs. I remember his little curls before I cut them off the first time. I remember the comfort of falling asleep with him in my arms.

i remember oct 8 51 years ago. my son's birthday.
i remember the day he was born
i remember we were just over joyed.
i remember we wanted to raise a well rounded child.
i remember that we did just that. :)

I remember my favorite thing to do was roller skate
I remember skating in my huge hardwood floored bedroom for hours and hours
I remember dad was right there resting in the next room after work
I remember our little black toy cocker
I also remember her growling at me every time I skated by her
I remember how good it smelled the night before and the next day for the Portugese festa.That food even the thought of it makes my mouth water..
how I loved the mint sprigs on you plate of meat and thick slced bread and meat juices
I remember Christmases and helping each member of the family decorate their trees
I remember the excitment of I'd catch that old rascal, never did darn it
I remember the joy of presents and being the only child I was covered with them
I remember later that day choosing 5 presents and taking them to a childrens center all wrapped in pretty paper and ribbons and seeing the big eyes of boys and girls as they got a new toy
I remember many things, but I remember the kindness of my sisters and brothers here at
dc always giving to those in need..
boy are you all special
kadesma

i remember oct 8 51 years ago. my son's birthday.
i remember the day he was born
i remember we were just over joyed.
i remember we wanted to raise a well rounded child.
i remember that we did just that. :)
What a beautiful memory, Babe! Those are my strongest memories, too. I've been remembering my son Nick's birth (almost 28 years ago) a lot lately since he's getting married this weekend. (Where have the years gone?) He was the first of my children to be born at home and because it was so relaxed, I spent hours marveling over him and thinking of all the things I wanted for him. I decided what I wanted most was for him to be a happy person, regardless of circumstance. And I'm so glad it has turned out that way.

I remember a very tall young man, who was on the best NCAA basketball team on earth. I remember lots about him. I remember him teasing me, I remember his coach pulling my pony tail, I remember him teaching me how to shoot free throws, I remember practicing hours on end shooting and reshooting those free throws, alone and single minded on one thing, those shots. I remember his beautiful long legs, all 7'2''. I remember the smell of the basketball court, the soft voice of the coach, the high numbering scoreboard, that no one could beat them, and that I loved being somewhat involved. I also remember my boyfriend then, husband now, wasn't amused, still isn't.

I remember when each of my kids were babies they would happily shove anything I made in thier mouths, and smear it all over their faces for good measure....

Now they just smear it all over the table and say "I dont like this"......
:(

I remember when my family would spend every holiday together.. from now on I will be running between Mom and Dad every holiday. :(
I remember my first date with Nick, what a dream!
I remember when I stank at cooking, and now I'm getting along great!

I remember being best friend's with my husband, knowing he had a crush on me.
I remember how patiently he waited while I dated one jerk after another.
I remember ending a very emotionally abusive relationship and stopping to say hi to him at work and as I walked away I said to myself, "Why can't I find a nice guy like him?" (DUH!). 3 years later we got married.
I remember how badly we wanted to have a child and how after a year he took it upon himself to get tested and found a doctor to help us. I had A.I. and it took the first time. That was April 1996.
I remember November 1996 giving birth to the most perfect little boy.
And every morning when I see my son and my husband's face I remember why I was put on this earth.

I remember Boy Scout camp, and the smell of the fire in the morning as we started it up for breakfast and then sitting around it at night. And the first time we made hot cocoa with coffee instead of water.
I remember getting the mile swim badge, and I remember becoming an Eagle Scout.
I remember picking up my two best friends and heading to the next town over to go roller skating. We loved it when they played "Unskinny Bop" and "Cherry Pie".
I remember taking my wife on our first date. I took her to Godfather's Pizza and we saw the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes". Then she refused a second date and went out with another guy for a couple of months. Then she came back to me after dumping him.
I remember each of my kids births, and holding them for the first time. I even remember changing my first diaper, the nurse was impressed with my 'skill' LOL.

I remember high school plays, singing with the Company of Song, going with the team to all their games then cheering for our team and secretly having the hugest crush on a certain basketball player that was senior to me by a year. > wishing he'd more than notice me [and] actually call me his girlfriend.
I remember him ditching his girlfriend and calling me saying, "Get ready, I'm picking you up in 10 minutes." "where are we going?" I'd ask, "doesn't matter" he'd say. He'd take me 'everywhere'. To the beach, to the movies, to Andy's to get torpedo sandwiches. He'd pick me up and carry me along the rain gutters of school on Sunday to get our homework out of our lockers, so I'd get soaked and my poor hair, kinky/curly/fuzzy/frizzy gawd awful hair [I lived in Malibu by the beach, it was supposed to be shiny straight] would get so wet then kink up like a spider web. I remember being so sad about that hair of mine and thinking, it doesn't bother him though. He was the best friend to me, very caring and kind hearted. Loved him....such a sweetheart...

I remember... a church so beautiful in Greece where the glass windows had colors I swear I'd never seen before. I remember thinking that even though I don't speak a word of Greek... Greek friends who were now dead could understand my well wishes because they were being wished from this beautiful place. I remember how dirty it was because it was old and unused but i can still remember how the sun still made it beautiful. I remember how I made Paul wait out side becasue for some reason I had to be alone for awhile with that beauty. I remember and still wonder why that for that few minutes I couldn't share it even with the person I love the most. I remember going back a few years later and being unable to capture that feeling again....

I remember... a church so beautiful in Greece where the glass windows had colors I swear I'd never seen before. I remember thinking that even though I don't speak a word of Greek... Greek friends who were now dead could understand my well wishes because they were being wished from this beautiful place. I remember how dirty it was because it was old and unused but i can still remember how the sun still made it beautiful. I remember how I made Paul wait out side becasue for some reason I had to be alone for awhile with that beauty. I remember and still wonder why that for that few minutes I couldn't share it even with the person I love the most. I remember going back a few years later and being unable to capture that feeling again....
I want to go there. It sounds beautiful PW....what a wonderful nice memory.

Back
Top Bottom