I Remember 9/11 Also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
I am very sorry for the terrorist acts on 9/11. My former country, Romania, was pushed into mourning and anger on that day. In our city, Brasov, we attended to a candlelight vigil for the innocent victims of this atrocity. There were hundreds of us gathered there.

I think all the world was brought to shock and despair on that day. I want all of you to know that America was not alone that day.

DA and I have said prayers for the victims and the families today, and for all who were there.

Don't let the light (of this great nation) go out!

Your friend,
~Cat

+1. Oh, how I remember that day....

Cat, you were about 9 years old, right?

Last edited:
Thank you Cat. I remember feeling as if the whole world was against the U.S.A. on that day. It's good to know that some people around the world still see the good in us.

Thank you Cat. I remember feeling as if the whole world was against the U.S.A. on that day. It's good to know that some people around the world still see the good in us.
There has been a great deal on British television tonight about 9/11. One programme was particularly harrowing. It featured the last phone messages of the victims and interviews with their families. Terribly sad.

Such a wicked, terrible event.

Oh no, do not feel the world was against you! In Brasov, the people were crying and hugging and lighting candles and praying on our knees. We were sad and very angry. A chant went up. It was the loosely translated: "Kill those perpetrators!" Papa and I were there, and we cried, we prayed, and we lit our candles and we chanted.

Yes, I was 9 years old. Papa took me to the gathering. He said I needed to be a part of this. We had seen the TV and we were heartbroken.

We were with America. We were hurting of this. I do know that our Romanian government did send its condolences to America and the offer of help or aid to the families and victims of this atrocity. Your President George W. Bush accepted our condolences but declined any of the aid. He dispatched a message to our government stating his gratefulness, but to save any monetary aid we would give. He implied that we would need it if we were to come under attack from these radicals.

I shall never forget. It is odd I posted the song on 9/11. Let the song be our beacon to the world.

Please don't let the light go out! I love my new country!

Your friend,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom