"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
<raises hand> I'm the staff LOL

Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Cats have Staff......ROFL! That is so true!

We haven't been hired a staff by cat right now. However, we have three little chihuahuas. One of them will tell PeppA and myself when it's time to go to bed.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Cubbie is definitely smarter than me sometimes! The silly thing was just so darned cute a couple times last night. Sometimes late at night I will let him out by himself. Unfortuntely the people across the street have stopped putting their puppies up at night, so sometimes it is hard to get Cubbie to come back in (we live in a rural area or I wouldn't let him out by himself). He was gone about an hour last night, when I looked out and saw Cubbie running through the yard with a gallon milk jug in his mouth and the three puppies (about 5 or 6 months old) running behind! Then later when I saw him lying on the bed with his head on my pillow, it was SO adorable!

Barbara
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #14
Head Chef

A men to all of the above. I love cats @ dog but living 16 floors off the ground limits
what I can have.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
DC's Angel

Reading this thread has been entertaining and informative.

You humans are so devilishly hard to train properly. For example you think it's acceptable to open a can and just plop our food into a bowl. You garnish your own food, don't you? How about mine??????

The other day my staff tried to feed me milk directly from the fridge. Didn't even nuke it for a few seconds to take the chill off!!!

And you wonder why we tear up your stuff. HONESTLY! After all I do around here you'd think I'd get some consideration. I don't know what I'm going to do with you.

Now go peel me a mouse!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
No cats but I have a dog that will wine to go out then go to the treat (pantry) door for a treat. Stupid us we give him one or he keeps whinning until he gets one. Hes 14 yr old and just started doing this, who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Reading this thread has been entertaining and informative.

You humans are so devilishly hard to train properly. For example you think it's acceptable to open a can and just plop our food into a bowl. You garnish your own food, don't you? How about mine??????

The other day my staff tried to feed me milk directly from the fridge. Didn't even nuke it for a few seconds to take the chill off!!!

And you wonder why we tear up your stuff. HONESTLY! After all I do around here you'd think I'd get some consideration. I don't know what I'm going to do with you.

Now go peel me a mouse!
How funny but true our cat shadow wont eat meat from the fridge cold I just run some hot water over it and then maybe he will eat it but if I give him Turkey instead of whatever it is he really wants he just stomps off in a huff.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
No cats but I have a dog that will wine to go out then go to the treat (pantry) door for a treat. Stupid us we give him one or he keeps whinning until he gets one. Hes 14 yr old and just started doing this, who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks!!!!!!!
Just wondering here...who is the teacher and who is the student? Just asking.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:06 AM   #19
Executive Chef

My neighbour's cat (from down the street and around the corner) has even got fussy about the food I serve the cats. She turned up for brekky this morning, and took umbridge at the four different types of food that was out for my cats and would only eat some of the biscuits that had fallen on the floor. She ended up going home in a huff!! So now I am even failing the visitors!!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 AM   #20
Sous Chef

As a child I had a dog that would go to the neighbors, bark at the front door just to let them know she was there, go around to the back door and sit waiting for them to come feed her. We didn't know she was doing this until one of her pups got sick and I had to follow them and figuure out what was going on. What a surprise to see her and her trained old ladies and men!!! Mom could only laugh and say that this explained why the dog food lasted so long!!