I Think I Have a Friend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
There is a girl in school who is so very kind to me. She lives with her Mamma in a poor neighborhood. Her Mamma is very sick with diabetes and inflammations.

I will name her L. L loves to cook also! Last week when I went for to do the errands, DA asked me if I wished to buy some food for L and her Mamma. I said yes! We got for them two chickens, some canned vegetables, some hamburger, bread, and some canned soup.

I called L and she gave me the directions of to her house. It is very poor! It hurts me of this. They were so happy to receive the food! Her Mamma called me an angel and they hugged me!

I received a note in the mail from L and her Mamma today. It was very nice! They thanked us again for the food and told of how it means very much to them. Now DA said we can buy them food every week! I told DA of their home, and she became sad to think of it. It is very, very sad.

I called L and thanked her for their very nice note. L told me of that they have these food stamps and this welfare money and L's uncle is helping her with her college. She received a scholarship. I told her we will buy food every week for her and her Mamma, and she was so very happy! She said these food stamps were not very much.

DA said I am allowed to invite them to our home! So I shall, and it will give me the practice I need of to entertain guests properly. They do not have a car, but DA has given me the permission to drive them.

I am very happy of this! I shall tell Mamma of this tomorrow! DA said she approves of the friends like these who are responsible. L takes very good care of her Mamma.

This makes me so very happy! DA said I could post of this also. She did say also that skin color never matters of anything. L and her Mamma are African-American. I only think we all bleed red so it never matters of this.

L and her Mamma are very kind and very nice. L loves her Mamma so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Somewhere along the lines I missed who DA was. She sounds like a very nice person. Who is she? You two have big hearts.

Cat, knowing that she is in school with a scholarship, tells you what kind of person she is. You have to work hard all through high school to earn a full scholarship for college. I am so glad you have made a friend. See, now those silly girls who were mean to Joy, don't matter anymore.

We have a saying that goes, "pay it forward." Or something like that. It means when someone is kind to you, and your try to repay them, pay it forward instead after they say Thank You. When that person comes upon another later in life who is in the same situation as they once were, then help them like you were helped. So if your new friend tries to repay you, tell her to "pay it forward." Maybe someday she will be able to help someone else like you helped her. Just a simple bag of groceries can mean an awful lot to someone who has had days of being hungry.

There are many folks in this country and a lot of them are members of DC who try to do a RAK. Random Act of Kindness. It simply means sometimes if you see a total stranger who needs just a moment of assistance, step up and help. Then walk away without telling them your name or letting anyone know you have done this. It leaves you with a nice warm fuzzy feeling in your heart. It could be something as simple as seeing a mother with children trying to get the groceries in the car and her cart starts to run away. Catch it for her and bring it back to her. Or when it is empty, you can return the empty cart to the designated place for it. She won't have to leave her children in the car alone to do that. Simple little things go a long way.

The two of you can learn to cook together. Start with learning to make bread. That way she will always have something to eat. When you look at the cookbook, it looks easy. But it can be a lot of work. I enjoy the kneading of the dough. Find out what foods she and her mother like and you can learn to cook a whole new array of ethnic foods. If there is a thrift shop nearby, try to find cookbooks there. They are really inexpensive. Sometimes even less that $1.00.

I am so happy you have found a friend. Enjoy her company. :angel:

Cat, knowing that she is in school with a scholarship, tells you what kind of person she is. You have to work hard all through high school to earn a full scholarship for college. I am so glad you have made a friend. See, now those silly girls who were mean to Joy, don't matter anymore.

We have a saying that goes, "pay it forward." Or something like that. It means when someone is kind to you, and your try to repay them, pay it forward instead after they say Thank You. When that person comes upon another later in life who is in the same situation as they once were, then help them like you were helped. So if your new friend tries to repay you, tell her to "pay it forward." Maybe someday she will be able to help someone else like you helped her. Just a simple bag of groceries can mean an awful lot to someone who has had days of being hungry.

There are many folks in this country and a lot of them are members of DC who try to do a RAK. Random Act of Kindness. It simply means sometimes if you see a total stranger who needs just a moment of assistance, step up and help. Then walk away without telling them your name or letting anyone know you have done this. It leaves you with a nice warm fuzzy feeling in your heart. It could be something as simple as seeing a mother with children trying to get the groceries in the car and her cart starts to run away. Catch it for her and bring it back to her. Or when it is empty, you can return the empty cart to the designated place for it. She won't have to leave her children in the car alone to do that. Simple little things go a long way.

The two of you can learn to cook together. Start with learning to make bread. That way she will always have something to eat. When you look at the cookbook, it looks easy. But it can be a lot of work. I enjoy the kneading of the dough. Find out what foods she and her mother like and you can learn to cook a whole new array of ethnic foods. If there is a thrift shop nearby, try to find cookbooks there. They are really inexpensive. Sometimes even less that $1.00.

I am so happy you have found a friend. Enjoy her company. :angel:

I love to do nice things for people! Thank you so very much, Addie. DA said we shall give them groceries every week. L is a very sweet girl. She does study very, very hard. She earned her scholarship very well!

L does not have a computer at home. She has to use the school computers or those in the public library. She does not have a car, so she must ride the bus.

Addie, I have an idea. I shall write a PM to you.

But I try to be kind and do nice things to people. I have helped people with carts and groceries. One time an older lady was $3.29 of short of to pay for her food. I was behind her in the line and I gave it to her.

It makes me very sad to see of poor people. L does not have much. I saw their home, and I felt very sad. But L and her Mamma love each other very much, and they are very happy.

I shall try to become kinder to people.

Wth love,
~Cat

This is wonderful, Cat. It's so nice to have a friend who is in a situation similar to yours, taking care of her mother.

Yes! This is why DA approves of her. And I respect her for this very, very much.

With love,
~Cat

I love to do nice things for people! Thank you so very much, Addie. DA said we shall give them groceries every week. L is a very sweet girl. She does study very, very hard. She earned her scholarship very well!

L does not have a computer at home. She has to use the school computers or those in the public library. She does not have a car, so she must ride the bus.

Addie, I have an idea. I shall write a PM to you.

But I try to be kind and do nice things to people. I have helped people with carts and groceries. One time an older lady was $3.29 of short of to pay for her food. I was behind her in the line and I gave it to her.

It makes me very sad to see of poor people. L does not have much. I saw their home, and I felt very sad. But L and her Mamma love each other very much, and they are very happy.

I shall try to become kinder to people.

Wth love,
~Cat

L sounds like a certain wannabe gypsy that I gotten to know and love. :angel:

L sounds like a certain wannabe gypsy that I gotten to know and love. :angel:

Oh I know of who this is! It is Katie! Yes, I have gotten to know her and to love her also. She has a wonderful heart, and she is so very kind to me!

Katie offered to let Mamma unload me to her. And it was good because I could bring my own trash can.:LOL:

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom