"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Sous Chef

I think I've found my affordable Auto solution!

I think I've found an affordable solution to my car situation!

Amazon.com: 150cc Street Moped 3 wheeler: Sports & Outdoors

This will be a summer car only and it will be for around the town.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
I think I've found an affordable solution to my car situation!

Amazon.com: 150cc Street Moped 3 wheeler: Sports & Outdoors

This will be a summer car only and it will be for around the town.
How can you go wrong? It's even a two seater, so you have room for the groceries :-)

Bob

Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
How can you go wrong? It's even a two seater, so you have room for the groceries :-)

Bob
Hi Bob, Your correct, However I was thinking more of a girlfriend, camping gear, camera gear, family members, then the the groceries.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
Sous Chef

We all prioritize according to needs... <sigh>

But I bet if I had that cute vehicle, I could probably scare up a girlfriend or two :-)

Now you've got me thinking!

Bob
Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
We all prioritize according to needs... <sigh>

But I bet if I had that cute vehicle, I could probably scare up a girlfriend or two :-)

Now you've got me thinking!

Bob
I'm glad my work is done here :)

Anyways, I'm just wondering what I will have to cut out of my life to be able to afford my apartment? Will I be able to transfer to CMU.EDU next year? Will I be able to buy supplies, and get top notch ingredients like I have been doing for my cooking pursuit, My mom going to come over this weekend with a calcutor and find out how much I will have to pay them each moth along with the rent, eletric, food bill, class supplies, and so on.

It's going to be really tight budget but if I want a girlfriend/wife I will need to think hard about it.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
Sous Chef

Chile Chef - It's easy for me to offer advice, as that time of my life is past. My two sons were lucky enough to not have to worry about costs as tuition and books were paid for by mom & dad, they just had to work to pay for their lifestyle.

It's too bad you don't have that option, but you could consider it both an opportunity and a challenge. Nothing wrong at all with working your way through college. That includes learning how to budget, etc.

Believe it or not, the kind of gal you want for long term will be much more impressed with your life skills being honed for the future now, then the frat boys. If the ones you'd like to date prefer the frat boys, they are not worth your time.

Better yet, get into doing the right things for your future and focus on you. I bet it wont be long before the nice girls come flocking. When you find the one you want to impress, come back and post for suggestions... we will have a ton of them for you.

Bob
Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
Sous Chef

Quote:
Chile Chef - It's easy for me to offer advice, as that time of my life is past. My two sons were lucky enough to not have to worry about costs as tuition and books were paid for by mom & dad, they just had to work to pay for their lifestyle.

It's too bad you don't have that option, but you could consider it both an opportunity and a challenge. Nothing wrong at all with working your way through college. That includes learning how to budget, etc.

Believe it or not, the kind of gal you want for long term will be much more impressed with your life skills being honed for the future now, then the frat boys. If the ones you'd like to date prefer the frat boys, they are not worth your time.

Better yet, get into doing the right things for your future and focus on you. I bet it wont be long before the nice girls come flocking. When you find the one you want to impress, come back and post for suggestions... we will have a ton of them for you.

Bob
That's what I'm doing now, I like to become weegee, Adam Ansil Clone, I can deal with not going out with the ladies for a while, Although I wouldn't mind them coming along for shooting and being friends first.

I will see what I can do, I think transportation in my life is very inportant right now instead of finding a gal, The gals I like to date would be skinny for once, I don't mean Barby ball doll skinny, but more like 150 or less.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #8
Sous Chef

Chile Chef - Trust me and my life knowledge. A nice young man that can cook, balance his checkbook, and doesn't have a huge debt on graduation?

You will have the opportunity for the nice ladies to meet you. Just don't try too hard. The nice ones will be looking for you. Also, don't let on the weight is even a concept. Even the ones you marry will hold a grudge if you point out that you "both" could stand a bit more exercise. A life lesson on this for you? Never measure anyone by what's on the out side. It's what's on the inside that counts. The outside can always be changed with enough incentive, the inside can't be.

I like the buggy car though... that should earn you a few points. Every one likes or respects people slightly out of norm, and following their own path.

Individuality is a good thing. In other words, don't be anyone's clone. Like yourself, take care of your self, and you'll soon have a sphere of friends male and female that will boost the rest of your life.

Jeez.. I'm starting to feel old now that I give this type advice :-)

Bob
Old 06-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #9
Sous Chef

Quote:
Chile Chef - Trust me and my life knowledge. A nice young man that can cook, balance his checkbook, and doesn't have a huge debt on graduation?

You will have the opportunity for the nice ladies to meet you. Just don't try too hard. The nice ones will be looking for you. Also, don't let on the weight is even a concept. Even the ones you marry will hold a grudge if you point out that you "both" could stand a bit more exercise. A life lesson on this for you? Never measure anyone by what's on the out side. It's what's on the inside that counts. The outside can always be changed with enough incentive, the inside can't be.

I like the buggy car though... that should earn you a few points. Every one likes or respects people slightly out of norm, and following their own path.

Individuality is a good thing. In other words, don't be anyone's clone. Like yourself, take care of your self, and you'll soon have a sphere of friends male and female that will boost the rest of your life.

Jeez.. I'm starting to feel old now that I give this type advice :-)

Bob
Well your advice seems sound Bob, but I never judge anyone unless you stab me int he back 3 times, I give everyone 3 chances, If they don't shape up until the third chance then they're out.

I've been dating 200-300 ladies all my life, For once I would love to date a lady that's actually skinnier then I am. I'm a 200 pound full of fat guy. Anyways I'm hoping college will produce a lot of friends at least and a lot of knowledge in photography.

Thanks a lot for your advice Bob.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #10
Sous Chef

Lol... I'm in a phase of life right now that I can only give, and not take.

I'm glad you need no advice :-) But you are right in assuming it was sound... let me go dotter off and mumble to myself now ...

If you are going to do the campus thing vs. commute, have you considered using a bike? I recently bought a new one, and am trying to enjoy it. I made a smart choice in getting a "comfort"/mountain bike. Both the fork and the seat have suspension, the the bike doesn't weigh too much, was inexpensive and rides well on streets, gravel roads, and hard packed trails. Here's what i bought (but paid $160 for at the local Meijer store) : Amazon.com: Schwinn Coronado Men's Comfort Bike (26-Inch Wheels, Silver/Royal Blue): Sports & Outdoors I did change the saddle though for one more comfortable.

Bob