"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 09-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #11
Executive Chef
How do the kids like their new home, Allen? I'll bet they're having a blast with all that room to run and roam!

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Welcome to the sticks of Oklahoma. I mow an acre and with all this rain we have had, I can really sympathize with you. Recovering from my heart surgery, I can't get done with one end before I have to start at the beginning all over again. Ahhhhhh - country life.

oldcampcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Aww shucks.....you all are going to make me blush!

It's not the first time I've lived out in the sticks. I used to live on my step-father's spread, 10 acres. We mowed half of it, with an old 1950 Ford tractor w/ brush hog.

I'm getting used to the wildlife out here. Yesterday, while mowing, I spooked a small tree frog, a toad, and a leopard frog. I haven't seen any snakes, yet. I'm expecting to hit one or two when I tackle the really tall stuff tomorrow (rained all morning, so no mowing today).

Yep, the kids love the extra space. The two older boys (who always fight) finally have separate rooms. My daughter now has her own room. I've got a slightly bigger volume of space for storage of dry foods and pots/pans.

Once I get the back yard completely mowed, I'll feel comfortable about letting the kids play out there unsupervised. I'm to worried about snakes to let them out there by themselves.

Oh, BTW, I've got the a/c turned off, a few windows open, and the attic fan running. It's a nice 75 degrees in the house right now :)

Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote