I thought I recognized that foul odor.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Now I remember why I don't like 56K dialup. Hopefully DSL or Cable will make it out here one of these days. That's just a trade-off for living in the sticks.

We got moved. It took two days to get the brunt of everything, then another couple days of me driving back and forth with the minivan to get the remainder. We're getting settled in, slowly. I've also started mowing, as we've got about an acre, and some of it looks like it hasn't been mowed all year.

I haven't registered a new email addy yet, but I'll take care of that later today. It's probably going to be a Yahoo addy, since that's who our ISP is with.

I do have a bit of good news. While I was packing up, I found a CD-ROM that I burned last year, right before we moved to OK from MI. I was able to recover almost 300 recipes that I thought I had lost, as well as a bunch of pictures, and other text documents.

Sounds like you're getting settled. That's great that you found that CD, i remember how upset you were that you had lost the recipes.

Yup, I'm still an Okie. We only moved about 25 miles away. I've been mowing like crazy. We've got about an acre of grass, and half of that looked like it was mowed a month ago, and the rest looks like it hasn't been mowed all year :(

I have Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off, so I plan on getting some mowing done, as well as unpacking and settling in.

boy howdy, get to that mowin' (my once-white sneakers are green with envy)!

allen, you are my trusted source for so many things i've tried since joining here. thank god you found more recipes for me... :chef:

best of luck on the new frontier, buddy.

moving!

Isn't it exciting (and hard work) to start all over again at a new home. Sounds great to me. I wish you lots of happy days and good memories for the future. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.

AllenOK,
Welcome to the sticks of Oklahoma. I mow an acre and with all this rain we have had, I can really sympathize with you. Recovering from my heart surgery, I can't get done with one end before I have to start at the beginning all over again. Ahhhhhh - country life.

Aww shucks.....you all are going to make me blush!

It's not the first time I've lived out in the sticks. I used to live on my step-father's spread, 10 acres. We mowed half of it, with an old 1950 Ford tractor w/ brush hog.

I'm getting used to the wildlife out here. Yesterday, while mowing, I spooked a small tree frog, a toad, and a leopard frog. I haven't seen any snakes, yet. I'm expecting to hit one or two when I tackle the really tall stuff tomorrow (rained all morning, so no mowing today).

Yep, the kids love the extra space. The two older boys (who always fight) finally have separate rooms. My daughter now has her own room. I've got a slightly bigger volume of space for storage of dry foods and pots/pans.

Once I get the back yard completely mowed, I'll feel comfortable about letting the kids play out there unsupervised. I'm to worried about snakes to let them out there by themselves.

Oh, BTW, I've got the a/c turned off, a few windows open, and the attic fan running. It's a nice 75 degrees in the house right now :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom