I Was Just Wondering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Do you ever notice mini fads? I'm not talking about major worldwide stuff like bell bottoms or leg warmers (dating myself). I mean little things that appear one place then all of a sudden, everyone is copying it. These are things of little consequence but they're things I notice. As I sit here in front of the TV watching reruns and surfing, I noticed another recent mini fad.

Here are a couple:

One fast food place came out with sandwiches on a pretzel bun, now pretzel buns are everywhere.

TV ads that incorporate variations of the expression, "See what I did there?..."

Not long ago, vampires were a mini fad.

Now, zombies are a mini fad.

It's the "Supernatural Phenomenon of the Moment Club". I predict werewolves are next.

Reality shows don't really qualify as 'mini' but they are really getting out of hand. There's a new one starting soon about choirs (really)! I'm waiting for one of the religious channels to have a reality show (if that's not an philosophical impossibility).

Enough of the inconsequential ramblings of an idle mind.

How about you? Noticed any mini fads lately?

I see them all the time. They're everywhere.

Attachments

• imagesCAIXL4IM.jpg
    imagesCAIXL4IM.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 63
A few I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Angry Birds
  • "Twerking"
  • Moscato Wine
  • Bacon desserts
  • The disappearance of guitars in modern music

Also, it seems like there is this disturbing trend of more and more people who think it's acceptable to wear pants that expose "derriere cleavage". I was sitting in a restaurant the other night with my wife and in comes an otherwise nicely dressed woman wearing low rider jeans that showed off a good inch or so of plumber's crack. We went to a concert last night and probably saw three other women walk by us with the same thing going on. The thing is, I'm not talking about young women in their twenties. Some of these gals had to be well into their forties.

Ladies, this isn't a flattering look. :rolleyes:

Salted caramel seems to be the "in" thing over on this side of the pond.

As for the supernatural? It seems to me that this phenomenon has been around for well over10 years now. Ignoring cinema releases, on TV we had Buffy, then Angel, then (among many others) Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Being Human, Grimm etc etc and with Sleepy Hollow just about to arrive here, the trend shows little sign of abating. Maybe when there is a long-term recession worldwide, people just want to escape reality for a while?

Extreme short dresses
Bosoms that are falling out of low cut dresses. Bigger and bigger implants. They look so unnatural and make the women look top heavy.
Low cut dresses right down to the nipple.
Stupid ugly high heels. They are getting higher and higher.
The strange names celebrities give to their babies. Who can come up with the strangest one. Out doing each other.

First there was My Space, then Facebook and now Twitter.
Telling all on the Internet. Blogging
Making stupid videos for You Tube
The Craft phase. Everybody was making a scrapbook. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom