"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #1
Executive Chef

"I went to a marvellous party" (With apologies to Noel Coward)

Kim (who helps with Horse) and her long term live-in boyfriend got married in an Arctic cruise a couple of weeks ago with just 12 family members present. Last night they had a party at Glossop Golf Club for friends and any family who couldn't go to the Arctic "do".

Eight of us from the stables were invited and a good time was had by all. Is it me or are party discos getting louder? I did a bit of bopping but the hip was a bit of a problem despite hefty doses of Ibuprofen during the day of the event.

Dress was a problem! I have put on an enormous amount of weight over the last few months, despite all my good intentions, and everything apart from a jersey dress was too tight. Said jersey dress, of course, showed up every lump and bump so I dug in the bag destined for the charity shop and resurrected a long shirt/short dress chiffon-y shirt thing which covered up the evidence.

Kim's wedding dress, which she wore for the party, was lovely. It had been very expensive and looked it but she'd spotted it, reduced, at a wedding fair and haggled the price down further. Worth thinking about if you are marrying off a daughter (or even yourself.)

Pounding headache this morning which is most unfair as I was driving and could only drink fruit juice!

Tags
party