I will be away for a while.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Hey guys,
I got a new video card for Christmas and when I had my buddy come over to put it in for me. When he did it, at the very same time the ram stopped working. So i took it to another friend to get it fixed. We didn't know what the problem was for a while so we formatted the computer. Then we later found out the ram was dirty, so we cleaned it. We reinstalled windows and got the computer running. Then I took it home and tried to update windows. When I went to restart to finish the updates, the computer froze. It no longer works when I try to start windows, which is the only was to start my computer. :P So I'm out of a computer for a while. I'm using my brothers computer right now. We've been recording some videos we'll hope to post on youtube sometime soon. I did some baking with my girlfriend, and I hope to update my thread sometime soon.

Good luck with your computer, Gobo! Hope it's up and running soon. Till then, best wishes for a Happy New Year!

I am sorry to hear that gobo, best of luck fixing it.:( We had to reboot our computer and lost everything but we were able to find it again. If we don't hear from you sooner,

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! :-p :D

I wish you lived next door to me Gobo....I need a techie, badly.

Good luck, little buddy.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Awww man. That sux. :neutral:
So, what video card did you get?

I got a Radeon X700 Pro. 256 MB Mem, for AGP.
My old one was an Internal AGP of course, 32 MB mem.

It's still not working.

gobo, i hope you uninstalled your original card first, or at least changed the driver over to standerd vga adapter before you plugged in the new card.

if you need new drivers, you can always go to the website of the manufacturer.

also, driverguide.com is a good resource for older stuff, and for discussing known bugs or asking questions when troubleshooting.

good luck.

buckytom said:
gobo, i hope you uninstalled your original card first, or at least changed the driver over to standerd vga adapter before you plugged in the new card.

if you need new drivers, you can always go to the website of the manufacturer.

also, driverguide.com is a good resource for older stuff, and for discussing known bugs or asking questions when troubleshooting.

good luck.

Yes, I switched the drivers.
I'm going to take my computer into a store called Best Byte. My guess is I'm going to need a new motherboard.

Back, but only at school.

My computer is at the shop, so it should be a few days to a week from now.
I'm back to school now for the next two weeks, then we do exams, and I'm finished school, at which point I'll be going to Dominican Republic for a week, but I'll tell you more about that later.

So I'll probably be on between 9 40 and 11 (my time (9:55 am right now)) monday to friday, if I don't get my computer back by the end of the week.

I'll let you guys know what went on during my break when I get my computer back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom